MIA Born Free

!@#$%

has the web atwittering.

British musical artist M.I.A. has never shied away from tough topics in her music, but her latest music video has proven to be tough for many to take. Born Free is less of a video, though, and more a nine-minute short film that depicts American soldiers on the hunt for red-heads of all ages, climaxing with a graphic display of violence against the men (and boys).

http://www.miauk.com/

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has the web atwittering.

British musical artist M.I.A. has never shied away from tough topics in her music, but her latest music video has proven to be tough for many to take. Born Free is less of a video, though, and more a nine-minute short film that depicts American soldiers on the hunt for red-heads of all ages, climaxing with a graphic display of violence against the men (and boys).

http://www.miauk.com/

The fact that it's "tough for many to take" and that people actually think that she's calling for an extermination of gingers just proves how fucking stupid and dumbed down the masses are.

"It was a royal mess of all our good buds- Switch, John Hill, and Diplo plus Iggor Cavalera (1/2 Mixhell, ex-Sepultura)! All those dudes in a room, a generous sample of Suicide, sick sick drumming from Iggor (and here's another tidbit for u - it was recorded on POPO's shitty ass drumset at the mausoleum!) --- and you got it."

i don't think the actual track is that long either.

ok so let me get this straight. A girl from the uk makes a video about a brand new cutting edge topic. American military treating people cruely...

Oh wait this isnt fucking new. Its the same bullshit people have been pulling for years and years.

And the bus full of gingers drives into mine field without any going off? get the fuck out my face with that bullshit.

Stupid fucking video and worse song.

so i finally watched it.

that video was useless. the message they were trying to display is dysphunctional because its uncertain what it really is. yes obviously the main stigma is the us army overseas. but the red head thing is odd unless there just trying to showcase a typical white american on the lower end of white americans. redheads would be the lowest form of life on that totem pole i suppose.

which the more i think about it, yes. that is what the message was. which is why they showed the fat people fucking aswell and the guy smoking crack.

however its layed out poorly and the timeline of events leaves you confused, when clearly the intent of the video is shock factor.

i gove the video a 2 out of 5. poor.

but, its clearly creating a huge buzz and huge buzz = huge Sale$

so i finally watched it.

that video was useless. the message they were trying to display is dysphunctional because its uncertain what it really is. yes obviously the main stigma is the us army overseas. but the red head thing is odd unless there just trying to showcase a typical white american on the lower end of white americans. redheads would be the lowest form of life on that totem pole i suppose.

which the more i think about it, yes. that is what the message was. which is why they showed the fat people fucking aswell and the guy smoking crack.

however its layed out poorly and the timeline of events leaves you confused, when clearly the intent of the video is shock factor.

i gove the video a 2 out of 5. poor.

but, its clearly creating a huge buzz and huge buzz = huge Sale$

That's funny, what I got out of it was a comment on the over-bearing police state that America has become and an example of where we could be headed. IE some Nazi Germany type shit.

Not that we would literally be rounding up GINGERS, but that they were used as an example of how our government and the police who do their bidding basically are the enemy of the people. And that nobody really gives a fuck unless they're the ones being affected.

I'm not some artsy type dude, but that's what I saw as plain as day the first time I watched the video.

And I kinda doubt that I'm reading too much into it.