STOP SNITCHING!

Spitfire15

This is motherfucking pathetic. This kind of shit happens every fucking day (a la Kitty Genovese). The worst part about it? 90% of us here do not have the courage or integrity to do what the bum did, and 90% would also do what the pedestrians here did. All under the guise of 'not snitching', which is a coward's excuse for not getting involved. Where have all the fucking men in our country gone? When did we all decide that we are nothing more than fucking spectators in life, and don't need to get involved?

I'm not talking about fucking snitching, but standing up for what's right. Something is only snitching if you are;

1 Trying to get someone in legal trouble.

2. Interfering in the voluntary actions of consenting adults, which don't concern you.

I'm not talking about interfering in consensual shit, like pitching or whoring, but fucking real crimes. We don't seem to fucking care about doing the right thing, or even what the right thing is anymore. Stop being a fucking voyeur and do something. See someone beating up a kid, woman, elderly person? Be a man and put a stop to it. No snitching necessary. See someone at a party about to sleep-rape a bitch? Be a man and put a stop to it. No snitching necessary. And be a man not only with criminal shit, but everyday shit as well. See an old lady trying to carry a heavy package? Be a man and offer to help. No snitching involved. See a bum bleeding to death on the street? Be a man and call an ambulance. No snitching involved.

This is what we need to be doing, getting involved in real life, and taking the world back. And yes, I get the irony of saying this on an internet forum, anonymously. I realize I’m ranting, so I’ll stop. I’m going to go buy some canned wine and take a walk around the block and look for shit to stop, or people to help. R.I.P. Hugo.

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't stand this "I don't want to get involved" bullshit. A few months back I was sitting in a pub with a load of mates and went outside for a ciggy. Saw some old boy on cruches on the other side of the road fall flat on his face. Poor bloke couldn't get up so rather than point and laugh like every other cunt I went over to help him out. The guy had smashed his face open and was bleeding everywhere. He was drunk as fuck and not in a good way. So I went into the kebab shop nearby, got him some paper napkins and helped him stop the bleeding. Then I convinced him to get an ambulance but not before he asked "why are you helping me?". I just said "if I was pissing blood all over the place, I would hope someone would come over and help me".

I know that don't make me a super hero but I can't stand by and watch people suffer. Only thing that worries me is that I often stick up for people when bullies strike. Suffered a few beatings because of it...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't stand this "I don't want to get involved" bullshit. A few months back I was sitting in a pub with a load of mates and went outside for a ciggy. Saw some old boy on cruches on the other side of the road fall flat on his face. Poor bloke couldn't get up so rather than point and laugh like every other cunt I went over to help him out. The guy had smashed his face open and was bleeding everywhere. He was drunk as fuck and not in a good way. So I went into the kebab shop nearby, got him some paper napkins and helped him stop the bleeding. Then I convinced him to get an ambulance but not before he asked "why are you helping me?". I just said "if I was pissing blood all over the place, I would hope someone would come over and help me".

I know that don't make me a super hero but I can't stand by and watch people suffer. Only thing that worries me is that I often stick up for people when bullies strike. Suffered a few beatings because of it...

kick-ass-image.jpg

Same here, though it doesn't worry me (a couple of years of prison-fights tend to make you less worried about getting stomped). I believe that the primary reason (though there are many more) most people don't get involved is a fear of consequences. I look at it this way; there are only three probable consequences to standing up and putting yourself in harm's way;

1. Physical harm - Likely, but pain is temporary, and most injuries heal.

2. Jail Time - Possible, depending on the circumstances, but you're likely to beat any case you catch over something like this. Juries tend to be sympathetic to people who stand up, as it makes them feel as though they too are doing something, and it costs them nothing.

3. Death - Unlikely, but possible. We all have to die sooner or later; we might as well go out raging against the dying of the light, as it were.

And no, it doesn't make you a superhero (kick-ass, charles bronson or otherwise). It makes you something far rarer - a man of integrity, all else being equal. Keep fighting the good fight. Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

check it. tonight i witnessed the homies homie catch a small steak knife to the gut.

half a fight broke out. the shanked nigga dipped. cops roll practically immediately.

the obvious umad perp walks right on past the pigs with the blade hanging out of his

back pocket. they're all running around trying to figure out who the fuck just stabbed

dude meanwhile he just walks away like nothing even happened lookin all cool n shit.

could i have easily pointed? yes. did i say anything when they questioned me? no.

i feel weird.