What's up with Bushwick?

seven.13

I'd like to see hipsters move in to North Philly *evil laugh*

North Philly is such a fucking hellhole haha.

That said, while there might not be alot of hipsters, there are certainly alot of rich kids around there, going to Temple. This mad suburban white chick I know moved from RI to Philly to go to school there, and lives in the middle of one of the grimiest hoods I've ever seen, in a row house that looks straight out of The Wire.

Shit's bugged out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

straight up. the first time in the bx i seen two white people. thats all, one fat white bitch with blonde hair and a black boyfriend and one white kid that was like poor n shit on the train platform and even he was lookin at me like "why are you here" ha.

but ya, as far as north phila goes, ya. broad st. changin neighborhoods like 10times and the more up you go the higher the reading the hell-o-meter reads.

The highlights of North Philly were the streets with 4 feet of ice/snow on them still from a week ago, the buildings that looked like they got hit by bombs, the wholesaler with a giant "WE SHIP TO PRISONS" sign, and the cheesesteak shop/liquor store/bar where everyone looked at me like I was an alien, and an old black lady exclaimed "LOOK AT HIM, HE KNOWS ALL THE WORDS!" while I rapped along to a Jadakiss song haha

Yesterday afternoon, three people were shot at a Brooklyn car wash, the Magic Car Wash and Lube on Bushwick Avenue. According to the Post, "A gunman unleashed a fusillade of bullets, hitting an employee and two men waiting for their car."

Two men in a Dodge Magnum were waiting while the car got an oil change and wash. While they were waiting, a man walked up and started firing, hitting them and an employee. Another employee said, "He made two shots and then after that he came straight to the edge of the car and made four more shots." The Post says, "The 37-year-old employee, who police said appeared to be the intended target, but did not immediately identify, was hit once in the arm. The two customers, aged 29 and 20, were each hit in the legs."

However, WPIX reports that the target was one of the men in the Dodge Magnum, "The targeted man was shot in the arm and his friend was hit in the leg, both sustaining non-life threatening injuries. The Magic Car Wash employee who was drying off the vehicle at the time of the attack was also hit in the leg."

All three victims were taken to area hospitals and are in stable condition. The police are investigating—the gunman was allegedly seen running down Bushwick Avenue.

Am I gonna get heinously mugged?

Are parts of if pretty chill?

Thanks in advance...;)

Heinously mugged? You can get heinously mugged in Williamsburg on Bedford and North 6th while you're eating your $7 small cone of some lavender oxberry flavored ALL NATURAL ice cream. You could get raped on the L train at 3am. You could get stabbed in the throat for your wallet while walking down Smith St. You could get feces thrown at you by a homeless man while eating a falafel on Grand st.

It's still New York City. Yes it might not be the NYC we all watched in French Connection, and locals will say it's gotten extremely soft, but it's still New York City. If you get fucked up you were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a game of odds really. Your odds of walking home safe are definitely better in the present then they were in 1989, but who knows? You might leave the bar with a little stagger in your step, putting a target on your back, and WOOOOPS! You're knocked out and your wallet is gone.

Your best bet is to pay attention to how you carry yourself. Pay attention to your surroundings and constantly know who is in what direction. Even then your odds are up in the air because some people will pull a Batman and come out of nowhere and WOOOOPS! You're knocked out and your wallet is gone.

This goes for all over the city. Times are tough and people will do what they have to do. You just need to watch your own back and be smart about shit. No matter where I am at night, I always feel like there's a chance of attack. So just be ready. Carry a battle axe everywhere you go, or learn how to punch someone's skull out of their head.

tumblr_kwf9jjHEBM1qzsca0o1_500.gif

what Earl said. Williamsburg gets a lot of shit for being a "hipster enclave" as the mainstream media likes to call it, but the hipster douche with the iphone out texting at 5 am WILL get fucked up, even on Bedford and North 6th because it's still New York, even in the era of gentrification.

Bushwick had a rash of machete related attacks as well as shootings last summer, yet there are still warehouses full of young white people with their galleries and keyboards, having rooftop parties and riding fixies all over broadway. It's kind of like Detroit in a way, there are these pockets where things are less likely to happen. Almost like weather zones.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

You a dumb fuck reality

bushwix was gutter back in the cut no lie. Last time I visited the( block 5 years ago) shit was still fuckedcwith a buncha whities In the mix. Puerto ricans n dominicans don't get along much.