Wilderness Thread. (And General Outdoor Bullshit.)

Spitfire15

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im big into the outdoors.

i rock climb (traditional, multi pitch, aid, big walls)

flyfish

backpack (done multiple 30 day hikes)

backcountry telemark ski and snowboard

etc

if u ever have any serious questions pm me. oh and the portaledges (the rock wall camps) are fun but annoying at the same time.

ok suggestions on what u NEED to take.

water purifier (google "aquamira")

first aid kit (with items for footcare (google "preventing blisters")

food of your choice

stove (google msr whisperlight) and the fuel/know how to use it)

extra set of clothes to change into if u are wet/cold (use wool or synthetics, not cotton)

map/compass/gps (if u have a gps)

shelter (at the minimum a bugnet) or a tent if u have one.

sleeping bag and pad

drugs

• Like 1

i do know at 12pm the sun casts shadows that all point north. so you dont need a compass if you have a watch. i learned that watching The Edge with anthony hopkins when i was a kid, turned out to be true.

If you have a needle, or any straight piece of metal and you rub it against silk, you can place it on a leaf in the water, and it will point south.

also learned from the edge

So I was just out fishing because the weather is so damn nice, I look over 10 feet to my right and I see a pair of beady eyes staring back at me. From a guesstimate it was at least 6 foot long alligator. I searched for a picture of something similar but then I found this, which is 100x more awesome.

eagle-and-alligator-michelle-miron.jpg

Well if we have a run with a gator, the most obvious, and logical response would be to kill it and eat it.

spitfire's a fag

Well if we have a run with a gator, the most obvious, and logical response would be to kill it and eat it.

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

spitfire's a fag

• 9 months later...