Wilderness Thread. (And General Outdoor Bullshit.)

Spitfire15

I have 2 "camping" trips so far planned for this summer.

One is at a 4-day German metalfest.

The other is on the beaches of Italy.

I'm bringing weed, pillows, sandwiches and Mezzo Mix.

<-----not into "roughing it" but real into tent sleeping, swimming and bonfires.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know. The animals dont really bother me. Ill def. be bringing a tent for myself. And some ear plugs to keep out the buzzing. My crazy friend wants to do EXTREME SURVIVAL but I just want to fish and catch snakes and throw rocks at alligators, maybe take some pictures. The trip will only be about 3-4 days tops. (Because my buddies girlfriend is forcing him to take some gay ass road trip and cutting in our man time.)

Also, this will be sitting in a barn/shed when we arrive. Almost forgot.

FordBroncoHistory.jpg

alright, first of all do NOT watch any bear gryls or wild man or whatever the fuck it is tv shows before you go. they do stupid shit on purpose so they get better ratings. they could easily survive without scaling that sheer ice cliff.

second of all, use a hammock. if you think you can camp on the ground in the everglades, you deserve to die.

stay out of the water, the trees in that area usually have vegetation growing at the base you can stand on and jump from tree to tree. atleast this is how it was in the swamp i used to live at.

i advise against starting a large fire. if you can get away without making a fire then go for it. (if you have water purification tablets, bug spray, packaged food and its summertime i cant think of to many valid excuses for fire)

carry a .45

and hope you arent fat and can climb trees.

i do know at 12pm the sun casts shadows that all point north. so you dont need a compass if you have a watch. i learned that watching The Edge with anthony hopkins when i was a kid, turned out to be true.

the million dollar question is what image is carved on the back of the oar that has a black panther on the otherside... :D

haven't read the rest of the thread but

if you don't know what you're doing and you go out there thinking being a bad ass with knives will somehow help you, you're more likely to hurt yourself.

get a compass. learn how to use it. get a map. learn how to read it. make a plan (don't wing it, you're NOT a bad ass). bring food and water and ration yourself intelligently.

florida has some very cool terrain and some great hiking, but if you're an idiot you can very easily get hurt.

good luck.