Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Realism

Let's Go Australia!

An Australian cookbook, Pasta Bible, was recalled recently when one recipe called for "salt and freshly ground black people," according to American Free Press (AFP).

The publisher, Penguin Group Australia, pulled approximately 7,000 copies of the cookbook after the error was caught. The mistake was in a recipe for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

"We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind, and why anyone would be offended, we don't know," said Bob Sessions, head of publishing for Penguin Group Australia.

According to Sessions, "When it comes to the proofreader, of course they should have picked it up, but proofreading a cookbook is an extremely difficult task. I find that quite forgivable."

Proofreading of all printed material, online and in print publications, is necessary as shown by this costly and embarrassing error.

An Australian cookbook, Pasta Bible, was recalled recently when one recipe called for "salt and freshly ground black people," according to American Free Press (AFP).

ouch.

well, you caught us. guess we may as well come clean.

the reason there is a decreasing number of black people in australia is because we've been eating them. we keep them in the centre of the country and keep them free range

haha fuck

"the reason there are a decreasing number of black people in australia is because we've been eating them"

how else do you people make your pasta?

freshly ground black people adds that certain je ne sais quoi to my dishes.

freshly ground black people adds that certain je ne sais quoi to my dishes.

not just pasta dishes...

you can make a mean chocolate ice cream with that stuff....

was that too far?

i used to know a black girl with the same name!

Used to? Let me guess, she moved to Australia...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now