Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freshysnapper

Photoshop tutorial: shit in your way?

I do this from time to time if something is in my way and I've had a few people ask about it. I don't take the time to make these perfect I just do it so the piece is 100% in view. I'm no expert in photoshop either. This can be done with an image of anything obviously. Not just benching.

Roll through the spot and this rack is parked dead with a box in front of it, don't have time to wait for it to move? don't worry.

JIGLR1.jpg

Make sure you get a few shots from different angles to get all the parts you missed, select the missing spot, cut your selection, and duplicate it to a new layer on you original photo.

JIGLR2.jpg

Here is where you might spend some time. I took about 2 minutes to just stretch the layer around and get it to fit. You can sit here and clone pieces and mess with it all day to get it perfect. But I have other pictures to edit.

JIGLR3.jpg

Once you get it where you think it looks good select "layer" from the top menu and "flatten image". This will make it one layer so you can edit the photo as a whole again. At this point I will do the normal edit. I have it set up as a function now so it is just one click. But it's a sharpen, small brightness/contrast change, a bump in vibrance, and just a tish up in saturation on some images.

JIGLR4-1.jpg

If you have any questions please ask.

good tutorial. i've never actually thought of doing that, getting some kind of post in the shot is a buzzkill.

free transform might be worth mentioning, distort, skew, perspective... also color balance before flattening the image.

Issue.

I'm working on a water mark to place on my pics.

I have the text the way I want it but I'm having trouble removing the background.

I just want the text so I can copy and paste on all the necessary photos.

How do I do it?

Thanks

@ rushawn try saving your mark as a .gif with transparency/ if said file is not already a jpeg (flattened) with the white background.

• Like 1

don't sleep on layer blending modes. black text/image on white background use multiply.. white on black use screen.

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now