Exit Through the Gift Shop

Hayabusa

yeah it's pretty good, self deprecating and funny. however it seemed like the kinda of flick that every artfag would walk out of and tell people that they are now officially graffiti artists after seeing it.

haha. i was at a bbq about 6 weeks ago and this math teacher kid was telling everybody about this movie and how amazing it was. so he's telling us about how cutting edge banksy is and how he's been inspired to start doing graffiti. his plan was to start drawing mathematical equations on stuff all over oakland. i doubt he ever followed through.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. i was at a bbq about 6 weeks ago and this math teacher kid was telling everybody about this movie and how amazing it was. so he's telling us about how cutting edge banksy is and how he's been inspired to start doing graffiti. his plan was to start drawing mathematical equations on stuff all over oakland. i doubt he ever followed through.

saw this in a STEEL MSK piece a few months ago.

Just got home from watching this. Some good footy and funny shit.

I know the "overnighter" has to have waaaaaay more footage of raw shit then what they allowed to show in this film.

See it.

i doubt it was better than war 4

• Like 1

my room mate and his girl went to go see it a while ago

they invited me and I turned it down

they were dumbfounded

"but it's about banksy......you write graffiti"

"um, err, yeah I know. Not my cup o tea"

*blank stares*

This cunt's nailed it.

Wanksy's credibility's in tatters anyway.

i doubt it was better than war 4

Agreed.

But it's far different from that.

(SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT)

I think it was hyped up toward it being all Banksy-even the trailer builds you up to/and ends with it being about Banksy. Its on some documentary shit more than anything.

I also second sape's comment about the second half-but IMO, thats where most of the humorous shit is that you gotta sit back and actually laugh AT that dude.

there is no mr brainwash

its all a banksy creation to make a statement about the art world

think about it

Wanksy's toss, makin a statement about his own frenetic masturbatory habits.

and on another note, how could anyone expect to be taken seriously with a name like Shepherd Fucking Fairey...FFs???

there is no mr brainwash

its all a banksy creation to make a statement about the art world

think about it

Thank you! I can't believe more people didn't catch on to this and took it at face value. This movie is Banksy's way of admitting to his latest prank, manufacturing an artist, similar to the way boy bands are manufactured, and selling all the hype to a bunch of sheep, cashing in while basically telling the art world to go fuck itself. Genius.