Exit Through the Gift Shop

Hayabusa

i thought it was really good, it's a commentary on the art world and how full of shit it can be. it addresses the hype that banksy has gotten by bs celebrities buying his work and it being the cool thing. i could justify more of the movies motive but i dont want to ruin it for people that still want to see it. but yeah, if you dont like banksy, shepard fairey, space invader, or have no respect for street art in general then you will probably hate on this film.

but people saying it's just a collection of footage that has already been seen are wrong, part of the concept of the movie is that it is a collection of footage taken by a frenchman that was able to befriend many of these guys and film them in action.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
of course it wouldnt be about him dudes still trying to maintain his whole mystery jedi act.fact is when he does come out of the proverbial closet he will do so only to cash in on his fans dumb asses and fat wallets.

He hasnt tried to remain anonomous for years and years, i have him as a friend on facebook as he's local and he makes no attempt to hide who he is.

But as soon as the papers revealed it it would be a dead story, so they wont

BRUCE WILLIS

bruce-willis.jpg

the-hunted-20031.jpg

Who would win in a fight, and remember, even though he lets Tommi's old ass cut him up in The Hunted this guy is a fuckin' killing machine, Bruce is just a NY cop who can scrap but some how all sloppy and shit takes out well organized terrorists.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

so i just saw this movie. in short: i think you should watch it. if you download it, fine. its not like any of those fools need the money...but either way, try to catch it.

the long:

so the first half was great. it was interesting and had a lot of great interviews and stories. the second half was such bullshit - but then as i was watching the end, i was thinking "maybe this fool is just trying to trick people into giving him money and make them look dumb". not really sure. it is a banksy movie and if this dude is 'exploiting the street art movement' then idunno if he would show it to the public. i mean it seemed like banksy prolly gave this dude money for his art show - how would that dude be able to pay all those workers, make all that art, buy all that equipment for one show? yeah he made it back, but i was thinking banksy could be behind the whole project. not sure...just a thought.

anyways, just watch it.

Saw it bout a month ago at a free screening. Its alright. The 1st half is what i liked by the end i was waiting for it to end because it got boring!

The best part was after the movie when the artsy fartsy hipster fuck head asked dudes from sour grapes what they thought of "scratchiti"!

yeah it's pretty good, self deprecating and funny. however it seemed like the kinda of flick that every artfag would walk out of and tell people that they are now officially graffiti artists after seeing it.

what saves it is the fact that it focuses on how people just hop on board the industry because it's so trendy/dope/cutting edge/anarchy in the UK.

of course it wouldnt be about him dudes still trying to maintain his whole mystery jedi act.fact is when he does come out of the proverbial closet he will do so only to cash in on his fans dumb asses and fat wallets.

i would totally cash in on a bunch of art fags. fuck keeping it real, give me everything in your trustfund and your wallet!!

I tried finding torrents, none on demonoid as of yet, and about 30 of them on the internet.

One of them had 100 + seeders, downloaded it (750mb AVI) and only the opening motion logos things for whatever film company ran, then a blank screen.

They must have put the torrent out themselves and have people steady seeding it.

No idea if it held a virus since I'm on mac and just deleted it since it didn't work.

Either way not very anti establishment of them but I understand money is money so not mad at them.

I'll admit, I'd do the same thing in their shoes but of course I'm not some hipster artist wannabe rebel either with a anti establishment image.

I've dled 2 torrents that claimed to be ettgs, both of them tried sending me to dl a codec to get it to play, I knew that was fishy because I have pretty much every codec known to man and why the fuck would someone encode the thing all goofy. , here's the link Windows Media Player or I guess any other media player you might be using on Windows (in my case Winamp,VLC,and WMP) as I am running my XP currently:

http://freaktorrents.info/locked/27/?embedded=false

My suspicions sent me to the googles where I found some interesting news about this "codec" business:

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=64879

That link pretty much says it all. Watch what you click boys and girls.

• 2 weeks later...