Exit Through the Gift Shop

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hopefully he makes a cd

I downloaded the album with the streets are ours (or whatever it is called) song on it hoping some of the million people to download the movie after watching the academy awards will hear that song and want to download it also, so far no luck Ive only uploaded under 5mb in a couple days. :(

• 4 months later...

I just downloaded this "documentary" and I have got to say it is one of the most brilliant films I have seen and I just had to write about it. I say it's brilliant not because of what it shows, but because of the deeper meaning it has and I think that's the only legit reason to like this film.

If you're the dumb fuck buying into the hype of Banksy and street art saying "oh dat shit is raw, i'm going to start tagging" you're exactly the audience this film is targeting. It's like an inside joke with the people who truly understand this film, on the people who get into this shit outta hype. Mr. Brainwash is one of these people that did it because of the money or hype. I know money is money, but that's bullshit, especially if you're going to say your work has meaning.

In the end, I had a bittersweet love for this film because it makes you question how marketable art is, and because it is self-degrading to Banksy. Some people like this film just because it's about Banksy and they can't even comprehend the meaning, and that pisses me off. It's like a joke on yourself, and you're too stupid to even know it's a joke.

I sound like an artfag but whatever, the film is questionable.

• Like 1

Yeah I suppose that guy didnt understand what he saw as much as he wants to think as he writes what he sees as a Washington post article.

I enjoyed it, id suggest just watching atleats once just to put the hype to bed and be able to said you did so. Alot of Shepard fairy and all his nonsense, some interesting stuff in it IMO.

Personally I like Banksy's work, despite the backlash that statement can catch. Id of liked to have seen more about space invader/Borf to be honest.

Bottom line, watch it even if just to say it sucked and you hated it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fake fame. What a joke.

The Kidult video showing a purported 'illegal' tag of Mr. Brainwash's wall is a set up and a scam.

The Kidult video, released by Kidult himself, is being billed as an unsanctioned bombing of MBW's wall in Los Angeles. Complete bullshit. MELROSEandFAIRFAX had a contributor at the wall that day planning to photograph Cope2 hitting up the MBW wall, and not only did Mr. Brainwash give Kidult permission to hit the wall, but he was standing to the side watching the whole thing being filmed.

In our contributor's own words:

Mr. Brainwash showed up with a bunch of French guys. 3-4 guys filming, Mr. Brainwash, and this one guy who wore a skull face mask. The guy wearing the face mask was the one who did the huge pink paint extinguisher piece. I couldn't make out his name, maybe you can help me with that? Mr. Brainwash asked me not to photograph the process of the pink paint tag. He then told me when I could shoot and posed for me in a few shots. It was quite a thing to see live. Eventually the French crew bailed, except for MBW, who then brought Cope out from the studio to begin work on the wall.

This has got to be one of the lamest things we have seen in a long time. A lot of people have criticized MBW for essentially fabricating a career in the art world. And the fact that Kidult is capitalizing on MBW's fake fame to make his own faked fame is a fantastic joke.

source: http://melroseandfairfax.blogspot.com/2011/05/kidult-bombing-of-mr-brainwashs-wall-is.html

• Like 1

yea.... he won't but you guys will still be here adding pages to the thread.

tumblr_lmw1m2o24X1qiifh7.gif

5973161092_38ee76f3e8_o.jpg

Im not defending anyone but its hard to ignore the bandwagon cornballery that comes out of everyone trying to "be down by agreeing to all hate the same thing" on Channel zero as of late.

And you know damn well if someone gave anyone in here some kind of MBW art they'd take it and quietly stick in the attic, just in case the rest of the world made the guy out to be the next who ever art guy of the decade. then 10 yrs from now take said piece of art and hang it up and brag about they "knew he was a genius before anyone else."

Besides, if everyone knows its a fraud, or its a big joke, then why keep adding pages and pages and pages to it? Ignore the dumb shit and it fades to black. Don't you see youre just keepin' it alive by just hating on it? Unless of course you do like it, then by all means keep the thread alive.

Nike shoes new trends include some very hot and new styles. You will be able to find shoes that include some hot new colors and designs. Even though these Nike shoes new trends are hot and stylish, they still are meet Nike’s strict standards for comfort and support. Wearing these cheap Nike shoes new trends will help you to look your best while you are out there performing your best.

cheap nike shoes