2010 world cup

snatch316

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like American sports where we take pride in our city's team even though most of the players are not actually from there?

This might be cool if England's team was made up of people actually from England and so on.

I'm just curious about that but I'm not into soccer or TV at all though, probably won't watch.

Is this like American sports where we take pride in our city's team even though most of the players are not actually from there?

This might be cool if England's team was made up of people actually from England and so on.

I'm just curious about that but I'm not into soccer or TV at all though, probably won't watch.

Its country v country, so each team will be made up of players from said country.

Classic rivalries come into play each tournament...

England V Germany / Argentina / France / Portugal / Everyone else for example.

I was in Germany for the entire time of the last one. Didn't actually get in to any games (not for want of trying), but the fan fests they set up were ridiculous. Followed England throughout the whole country, some of the best times of my life. When we finally got eliminated in the QF's, there were over 100,000 England fans in the small town of Gelsenkirchen where we played, and that's not including the 40,000 or so at the actual game. It was on the news that England fans literally drank the town completely dry. It was awesome.

I was in gelsenkirchen and actually went to the portugal game. crap game, but great atmosphere in and around the stadium. unfortunately my work commitments mean I can't go to south africa this time but I'll be cheering for england from my office.