Why the word Nigga???????

TheBlackDude

"Nigga" or "Nigguh" in the states is just another way for kids to fit in. It's how they can associate themselves with something they feel they're a part of --hip hop or street life. I hear kids on the train (of all races) who say "nigga" and "son" every nanosecond. It's like one sentence consists of enough niggas to start another Million Man March. The word has been desensitized too much over the past 20 years through hip hop and the media, that kids don't even think about what they're saying. It's also what they grew up with in their neighborhood.

Now when I say "neighborhood," I mean "hood." I think what TheBlackDude is getting at is all the people who grew up in culdesac neighborhoods eating apple pie off the windowsill while Mom yelled "Timmy! No Sega Genesis until you clean your room!" It's those cases that kill me. They're the ones just playing a part like fucking sheeple following some bullshit the marketing ploy. They are always searching for the street cred badge.

1166573754.jpg

The shit is just funny to me though. It's like hip hop is evolving into a short bus full of retards.

As for most kids on here being white and using the word nigga? I think it's because it's graffiti and it's "mad hip hop yo." So it's just another part of a uniform for a lot of people. This is an anonymous place where they can act all gully and talk all sorts of shit like they're from the projects. When in actuality, they're in a room with wall to wall carpeting with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers posters over their beds.

The word is what it is now, another form of "slang." It doesn't have the same connotation as it once did. The black community took it, owned it, made it theirs, and changed the meaning of it. It's a form of power to overcome something like that and by owning it, they're taking away some of the negative power it once had. But now it's just blowing in the fucking wind and you have 14 year old white kids who need to get their BET taken away. You could say that by it being desensitized, the community won. They took away the ownership that is in the word and now it's stuck in all the master's kids mouths. But in reality it's just stabilizing shit for more racism.

For the record, I'm the biggest fucking cracker you'll ever meet. I love hip hop culture, but hate so much of it as well.

I'd also like to say that I think Manute Bol is still a fucking wegro!

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way, the fact that the word does affect certain people, it should not be used in order to avoid offending them. That is only due to the slavery and racism that was going on in the states in the passed, which is understandable.

But rap music makes it so that its just another word like bitch or YO and most non blacks who are in to rap and who grew up with blacks who called them a niggah all their life its just another word. It just sucks that certain words affect certain people to the point where they get violent or angry as fuck. Its all about the comfort level you have with the people around you. If the blacks you grew up with let you get away with it, then whats the problem? It's just a word. But if you are not sure about how it might affect people in certain crowds, best bet is to not say it in order to avoid unpleasant confrontation.

On another note, this is is where things get complicated..

Some of my hommies are deep in the battle scene. When ever i watch their battles i notice some hypocrisy. When one of the opponents is jewish or asian and the other is black, the black person 9 times out of 10 will hit his opponent with crazy jew or asian lines which are racist as fuck. This is accepted, even tho jews where slaves for a long time and not that long ago where getting burned and killed by the millions in concentration camps.

But if the jewish kid counteracts with some nigger jokes, its pretty much the end of this guys battle career to say the least.

Being jewish, i can honestly say that i never get offended by the jokes, most of the time im the one laughing the hardest when the jokes are funny.

But i find it to be a fucked up double standard where one can go off on another person ethnic or religious background and its all good, and the other person can not do the same because the nigs will get umad and punch the kid in the face.

Just my 2 cents + cool story bro.

Edit/ In russia, people refer to blacks as niggers and its not seen as negative word or something bad.

Nigger to a russian just means black person, nothing more.

• Like 1

Is this a faygo drinker in out midst?

crazy talk.... what i was basically tryin to say is ...u mad for no reason if you don't like white people sayin that shit oh well, call them out on it. besides that it's there choice to use it or not, one day they will say it in front of the wrong person and have to man up to it....oh thanks to Drue-Down providing the negative prop...internet thuggin it, thats the only props he can put down..........

it is a fact that kids growing up in Ny/Philli and surrounding areas do just use the word reffering to people in general.

but you can tell when a white dude that says it actually has it dialed into his tongue, /nh, for the correct reasons. ie:where he grew up, the company he keeps etc etc. and isnt some fall down wanna be.

you cant get away with talk that shit on the west coast tho, straight up. dudes do not talk like that.

1. It's time to let a word go. What happened to people that aren't you is terrible... but thats the whole thing, they weren't you and you have absolutely no reason to hold on to it aside from having something to cry about any time something happens to you and you feel wronged.

2. White people of today didn't do shit to you. It would be like blaming Asians today for Ghengis Khan.

3. Go back to the actual definition of the word. Forget everything you have been taught to be offended by, because all it is doing is holding you back.

3a. White people don't rule the world, certain white people do. Must of us are just like you, struggling to get what they want out of life.

sidenote sort of: Remember when a small group of black people complained that the snapple labels looked like slave ships even though it was supposed to be the boston tea party ships. Then they said they saw the circled k and knew it as a symbol of the kkk. Nah you idiots, it meant kosher. As soon as they said the circled k was for the kkk their argument should have been deemed immediately invalid, and snapple should have kept the tea party boats on their tea, but no. Because a few people were too sensitive to the way boats looked, snapple no longer has a label celebrating a very important part of our past.

That is actually a different argument about companies catering to the minority of idiots who choose to complain instead of the reasonable masses.

• Like 1

"Nigga" or "Nigguh" in the states is just another way for kids to fit in. It's how they can associate themselves with something they feel they're a part of --hip hop or street life. I hear kids on the train (of all races) who say "nigga" and "son" every nanosecond. It's like one sentence consists of enough niggas to start another Million Man March. The word has been desensitized too much over the past 20 years through hip hop and the media, that kids don't even think about what they're saying. It's also what they grew up with in their neighborhood.

Now when I say "neighborhood," I mean "hood." I think what TheBlackDude is getting at is all the people who grew up in culdesac neighborhoods eating apple pie off the windowsill while Mom yelled "Timmy! No Sega Genesis until you clean your room!" It's those cases that kill me. They're the ones just playing a part like fucking sheeple following some bullshit the marketing ploy. They are always searching for the street cred badge.

1166573754.jpg

The shit is just funny to me though. It's like hip hop is evolving into a short bus full of retards.

As for most kids on here being white and using the word nigga? I think it's because it's graffiti and it's "mad hip hop yo." So it's just another part of a uniform for a lot of people. This is an anonymous place where they can act all gully and talk all sorts of shit like they're from the projects. When in actuality, they're in a room with wall to wall carpeting with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers posters over their beds.

The word is what it is now, another form of "slang." It doesn't have the same connotation as it once did. The black community took it, owned it, made it theirs, and changed the meaning of it. It's a form of power to overcome something like that and by owning it, they're taking away some of the negative power it once had. But now it's just blowing in the fucking wind and you have 14 year old white kids who need to get their BET taken away. You could say that by it being desensitized, the community won. They took away the ownership that is in the word and now it's stuck in all the master's kids mouths. But in reality it's just stabilizing shit for more racism.

For the record, I'm the biggest fucking cracker you'll ever meet. I love hip hop culture, but hate so much of it as well.

I'd also like to say that I think Manute Bol is still a fucking wegro!

Just wanted to give props... Thats some real shit...

On a side note I wanna say that the word nigga is just that a word and I agree that the meaning has greatly changed and that non black people all kjnow black people that are cool with it but does that mean you would greet a black man you dont know with" Yo whats good nigga" cause I dont know about other black people but that to me aint cool... Also my parents, grand parents,aunts and uncles who are older than me dont even like hearing other black people say the word let alone a white dude... So as much as the word has changed it hasnt changed that much for older generations...

so, in your opinion boxcars. would it be acceptable for me to call a hispanic person a spic if i was not being derogatory towards him.

or an asian person chink.

"like shit, hey man. im sorry my countries forfathers took you from your country. branded you niggers and enslaved you for a hundread years causing all kinds of fucked up oppression and generations of poverty, anger and whatever else came from it. but shit, i didnt do it. and as a matter of fact, if i wanna call you nigger again playfully. im allowed to, why so UMAD?"

its corny.

1. When I was 13 I got jumped by 4 white dudes who called me "a piece of shit nigger while they kicked me in the head...

2. This is a white mans world and most definately a white mans country no matter whos in office...

3. I dont blame a single thing in my life on another person be them white or black, I do very very well for myself Im 21 and i made close to 100k last year... So I let no man of any color hold me down...

4. This subject doesnt really offend me Im just asking a question... To me though its funny that it seems like some of you are mad that I would even ask such a question...

To the people who have given intulectaul responses thank you and even if I dont agree with some of the opinions Im glad to read them... So keep em coming...

Also my parents, grand parents,aunts and uncles who are older than me dont even like hearing other black people say the word let alone a white dude... So as much as the word has changed it hasnt changed that much for older generations...

Exactly. For them it has the same meaning as it did when the fire hose was flowing. The older (60-dead) generation lived through shit that some 16 year old kid today probably won't even bother to watch on YouTube. The shit they fought for means nothing to most of these kids.

I personally have become almost desensitized to the word. I'll hear people say it and it's either a joke or just how they talk. Other times I'll be on the train and hear a bunch of school kids talking, and the shit just sounds ignorant. But I also have very little faith in the youth of today so I'm not even going to get into that.

1. When I was 13 I got jumped by 4 white dudes who called me "a piece of shit nigger while they kicked me in the head...

2. This is a white mans world and most definately a white mans country no matter whos in office...

3. I dont blame a single thing in my life on another person be them white or black, I do very very well for myself Im 21 and i made close to 100k last year slangin' rawks on the cornah, y'all... So I let no man of any color hold me down, except for white guys when they kick me in the head...

4. This subject doesnt really offend me Im just asking a question... To me though its funny that it seems like some of you are mad that I would even ask such a question...

To the people who have given intulectaul responses thank you and even if I dont agree with some of the opinions Im glad to read them... So keep em coming...

I'm assuming that you didn't make that 100k by being "intulectaul".

I'm not from the US, we call black people coons back home.

Sorry man, I'm trying to be serious but CH0 simply is not the place for seriousness. I don't use the word not because of the nasty history that goes with it, more so because I'm white and don't want to look like a wigger!

3. I dont blame a single thing in my life on another person be them white or black, I do very very well for myself Im 21 and i made close to 100k last year... So I let no man of any color hold me down...

1. When I was young I got jumped by mexicans or blacks regularly (depending on what neighborhood me and my family were living in) and every time it was because i was white.

2. I don't understand the whole white mans world thing. Please be more specific.

3. ok

4. I think if anyone seems mad it's because they are tired of being asked the question. Or at least presented with the problem in whichever way when they had nothing to do with it, yet they still need to tiptoe around the subject.

It isn't as if I'm saying I want to go out and yell nigger at the top of my lungs. The word doesn't interest me. What I'm saying is being hyper-sensitive over something is only detrimental to yourself, no one else. Every race uses the word regularly now. Be it out in the open or behind closed doors.

It isn't as if I'm saying I want to go out and yell nigger at the top of my lungs. The word doesn't interest me. What I'm saying is being hyper-sensitive over something is only detrimental to yourself, no one else. Every race uses the word regularly now. Be it out in the open or behind closed doors.

cant really argue with this statment, tho. dude that made this thread isnt being hypersensitive. he posed a question, and has subsequently chimed in with his thoughts thru out as points/statements arose. its actually more that you, are being hyper aggrivated.