Home Brew 2010 Edition

vharkano

yup, that's the setup! although i'd put mine on a three-tiered wooden shelf and have less need for pump action. (easy enough to build, and really saves space)

still working with extract brews here, but at least full boils. getting ready to rack a pisgah pale ale clone into the keg. and i feel people on the bottling issue. had to get a corny keg setup after bottling the first three batches. so much less work and waiting. i'd like to get to partial mash at least in the next year or two...just a matter of finding gear and loot. i'll be drinking pale ale by the weekend, though. fuck it..

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keeping it goin. Probably one of the best and most worth the wait kits.

2222yc.jpg

bottled 2 gallons of my skeeter pee so I could get to enjoying some...2 bottles missing

peee.jpg

the other 3 gallons of the Skeeter Pee and my 5 gallons of Blackberry wine waiting to be polish filtered and bottled.

stock.jpg

Love the pee. Tastes like I thought it would...lemon and delicious! Actually had some Co2 to it that I though I had whipped out of it. I cracked open a bottle (my 3rd bottle), poured a glass, took a sip, and I had a huge attack of fizz get my tongue. No big, nothing a lil shake doesnt take care of. Ill be sure to whip the next 3 gallons a bit more to ensure the release of co2.

Decided to do a full ten gallons of Muscadine. Ten Gallons of grapes and their juice to make a true red out of them. Its nice to have them on premises but because they dont grow in huge bunches it takes forever to get what I need. I pressed and measured the juice and pulp. Basically took about 15 gallons all together to make the mash and I dont know what the outcome will be. Had it all together in a ten gallon bin but the rise in pulp because of the yeast pushed the top off so I split it into two bins. We shall see the outcome. Love the color thus far.

30press.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

RESURRECTION!!!

:edit: with contribution

So during the beginning of this year I took all the figs I had collected from last last years yield. I was using them slowly but I still had too many. I took one of those big trash cans and basically through this in it :

8 gallons frozen fresh figs

12 32oz Strawberry Jams

24 lbs of Sugar

16 gallons of water

and I think 3 Packs of EC-1118 wine yeast

- mid way fermentation I tossed in 4lbs of frozen strawberries -

ended up screening the whole batch to get all I could and reduce the amount of pulp since figs produce and absurd amount of pulp, tiny pulp to ugh. So yeah its settled completely now and has been for a while...just sitting in my closet. My Buon Mini Jet pump is not working all of a sudden so Im pissed I cant filter it! only used the thing three times! so Yeah I dont have a Final good shot of its color, but its got a nice rose to it. If it turns out good Im probably going to bottle maybe 5 gallons of it and then cold distill the rest to a nice concentrated sweet delicious treat.

Progress shots (some missing...I mean really do you want to grab your camera when your hands are sticky with jam?)

0401111145.jpg

fermfig.jpg

fermfig2.jpg

fermfig3.jpg

took my recycling last week.

all the sudden i have two batches that need to be bottled in a week...

no bottles..

drinking a grip of beer every night after work this week for the sake of bottling? bummer..

anyone used the coors mini(1.5 gal) kegs yet? priming sugar? or force carb em? might pick up a few this week if i can find someone to drink 7 gal of coors light for me..