Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vharkano

Home Brew 2010 Edition

There have been one or two older threads from a few years back but fuck it thought I would start fresh.

Started a batch of my own special flavour (/nosuspect) Dark Ale today after being out of the game for over a year and im looking to start up a couple of more in the following weeks/months, basically the plan is to get the shit on a cycle so ive got good beer available 24/7.

Anybody else brew their own beer or even get into making their own alcohol ? Used to know a guy that distilled his own bourbon and would sell bottles of it for $15 ... was the smoothest 37% bourbon I have ever had.

Pictures to come when im not at work/not being slack.

• Like 3

I always wanted to home brew, guess i was always to lazy to go buy a kit. May get into it now once i get back to portland.

Yeah getting into spirits would be great but not too sure about the cost n finding equipment.

Local beer that used to be $32 a carton here is now going for almost $50 now when not on special so its getting to the point where I just wanna say fuck em all and stay self sufficient with my alky supply.

I home brew. So far this year a cream stout and a scotch IPA. If anyone bottle conditions, do you prefer DME or corn sugar?

...didn't think my first post would be non-graf related...

• Like 3

Yeah after primary fermentation I move to bottles and usually add Dextrose (amount depending on the brew) and condition from anywhere to 3-4 weeks+ depending on how desperate I get to drink em :p

Never used DME myself tho

A buddy of mine made some nice brew and threw me a couple bottles, one of which I'm enjoying right now. Really hoppy, IPA-esque.

I'm inspired to make my own now.

I haven't had any beer grenades since moving to DME, but the consistency of the carbonation is fucked. Sometimes perfect, sometimes really shitty.

The muscadine from my first batch..

mih2rt.jpg

threw a stupid label on em and wrapped one up to keep forever.

iwn04o.jpg

the juice from last years grapes that were frozen in the freezer...

2hwi8nr.jpg

fermenting..

30c9j0k.jpg

Its settled and Ive racked it already I just havent gotten around to bottling it...

24nr0io.jpg

And a Gin/muscadine infusion I did out of boredom...I cant wait for this year now that Im living near some vines I can use. Muscadine makes a good wine if made right...and IM also just having fun with the free grapes...

2hwfyfm.jpg

:edit: sorry didnt realize the pics were so big :-/

I went halvs in a 50L pale ale batch a few months ago,it turned out alright i think there was too much sedement in it, it's really suprising how quick 50l of beer can be consumed between my house mates.

• Like 1

Never done it but sounds pretty interesting.

How much does your typical 'kit' or w/e cost, and all the other materials/supplies need to homebrew?

I homebrew too. Brewed 5 batches already this year. currently have a hop knot clone in the bottles, hopefully good. should be chilling around 85-90 ibu's

For brewers or heads trying to get into brewing, go to homebrewtalk.com and lurk their forums... they have a ridiculous wealth of info to get you started.

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now