**1969 PHOTO HUNT THREAD**

jbrshmonster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: **2010 PHOTO HUNT THREAD BITCHES**

alright,

Let's add another week on so that more heads will contribute..

MONDAY, APRIL 26TH

fun fact: April 26, 1986 – A nuclear reactor accident occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Soviet Union (now Ukraine), creating the world's worst nuclear disaster.

Also death of Hubert Selby Jr.

I got everything besides the heritage shot in 4 hours of drinking last night, that list is mad easy.

Stan took the entire thing pretty much by accident without even trying, all you have to do is carry a camera.

I'm sure you could easily get all of these like you said quite quickly if you wanna be boring and generic.

But getting clever and exploring options is, in my opinion, what will make it cool.

I'd rather do a photothread with a difficulty level of 5 or 6 leaving a ton of room for putting your own spin on it rather than a completely obscure hunt where its judged and/or completed just by finding the items.

Ones like this give you a wayyy better medium to personalize it and make it more interesting.

Iv never done one before and if it was structured more along the lines of just being able to find each piece rather than being able to put yer own perspective on it I wouldn't be interested.

That's why I was ribbing the homie Stan for his early submission. Anyone can raise there hand up the quickest in class with a basic answer to the question but the person with a lot more depth aswell as a more personal look at there own surroundings makes a much more interesting submission and then gets marked on not only completion of the task but rather there journey in getting there.

I feel like a fagget typing that out but really, again. In my opinion, its the only way to go.

And that being said, Stan is the man for taking pics. Once he decides to up his anti I'm sure we are all wondering if we'll fall short.

some of you are pretty good at takin flicks, with like. depth n shit. is that with lenses? or settings onna cam. or both, which is probably the logical answer duh.

but i gotta pretty decent (at the time anyways)sony camera iv had for a few years, have zero idea how to use any of the settings on it beyond clicking the photo button and its not compadable with external lenses. to be honest, i think it looks stupid and kind of hate it and have been looking for a reason to break it or give it away to someone who needs it. i would have never bought it in the store but scooped up a deal from some chick running around with credit cards. i grabbed two sony cameras, there were each like 700 retail, thos the same camera in todays market would be half the price as this was like 4 years ago. one of them is a really common camera iv seen multiple homies have that they take really cool pics with. kinda thick, sony. square. "normal" looking. and one was this weird star trek faser looking thing that had a big price tag on it.

i didnt want the stupid lookin one but at the time my moms had never owned a digi cam so i thought id pass one on to her. didnt wanna give her the stupid looking one she wouldnt know what the fuck to do with it so i gave her the more classic lookin one. i kept the weird one.

so, again. the oner that she has iv seen people take mad cool pics with, and the one i kept was slightly more expensive. both sony, so they must both have the same options im assuming? i hate the one i own but maybe id like it more if the features did things i didnt know they could do.

am i still able to take cool pics, like i was talkin bout with depth?? id imagine lighting has alot to do with it aswell but i get the impression sometimes a good camera will do alot of the talking for you.

maybe ill get a new cam for these pics i wanna be able to take or am i good with the one i got and just learn some functions???

any response to any of the points i brought up would be appreciated. cheers.

and for the record, i aint tryin to cheapin peoples quality of flicks or boil down skill to just a camera. im just tryin to find a happy medium where i can take some interesting photos and not use my cam as a trampoline next time i get frustrtated with it.

Honestly. a fancy SLR camera will only provide for better prints, extra fine details.

For the web at 650px wide a point and shoot is perfect, todays point and shoots burn older slr's.

Thats why some of the best pics posted on here are from people using pocket cameras.

It's 90% the person holding the cam and 10% the cam itself.

I know it sounds hard to believe but that's 100% the truth.

An SLR usually has interchangeable lenses.

SLR's also have a viewfinder that uses a mirror to look directly through the lens.

The mirror inside them pops up and out of the way when you take a pic.

Makes a distinct loud click.

SLR or not what makes newer cameras better, it's the cmos sensor inside, kind of like computers.

Shit gets outdated in 2 or 3 years like a computer, not like when they restyle a shitty car.

The new ones are actually a huge improvements over the last run.

• Like 1