USA Tour 2011- Advice Please

CurtisWarren

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Wow, everyone in here is a dick face. A month, especially by plane is more than enough time. I drove east coast to west coast and back in 9 days, did everything I wanted to do, and more. Granted I didnt sleep much, I still got done what i wanted to. Dont listen to these yahoos on here, you've got the time.

definitely

i did San Francisco, Reno, NYC, Boston Montreal and acouple more days in NYc in just over three weeks last year.

I can also vouch for curtis warren.

I painted with him In Australia a few years back. Sure it don't mean shit all to anyone but that's my 2 cents.

word.

aussies showed a lot of hospitality to me too. so i hear ya.

curtis, you can try doing amtrak or greyhound between boston and nyc.

you might want to have a look at flying in, then flying around using airtran, jetblue, virgin or southwest. it might save a lot. i haven't bought any of those multi city trips but they can be really outrageously expensive. just a thought in case.

the states are not so goddamn jam packed that you couldn't easily see those destinations in time. it's funny to me how ready ppl are to make shit impossible. should be the other way around.

i agree amtrak is awesome and worth the time and money. it won't be cheaper than flying, it may even be more expensive. but still i would totally recommend at least doing one leg of the trip that way. ..prolly the shortest, hence nyc/boston

def more expensive than flying if you get a sleeper cabin. which, unless your b-lining for over a day or two and need a shower isnt nesasry. i got one from chicago to portland once. prolly wouldnt bother again.

takes bnsf lines between those two destinations anyways, seen myself up onna panel ripping thru a yard somewhere in montana which was fucking epic. i dont even paint many trains apart from a semi short phase in the early 2000's.

bring booze n hang out in the observation car. get loaded. make friends and get off randomly. be the best time of your life i guarantee it.

also, amtrak has surprising good food for the break/lunch/dinner services, like really surprising.

amtrak is bomb, nothing like greyhound which was what i was expecting. nothing at all. shits fucking dope.

Excellent advice here people. The reasons why I have started planning so far in advance and therefore asking for info is because I want to cram in as much as I can in the time i'm there.

For example things like Amtrak wouldnt have occured to me. Will probably do the NYC to Boston leg via Amtrak like !@#$% has suggested.

I reckon I am going to make it a month a half cos by the look of things I need far more time. It's the finances which are limiting the length of my trip..

• 2 weeks later...

Our list is currently at:

Start: Calgary

Vancouver

Seattle

Portland

San Fran

Santa Monica

LA

Vegas

The Grand Canyon (Is this worth going to)

San Diego

Mexico

Can anyone share some must see/do items in these locations or add any other decent areas to check out within a reasonable driving distance.

Thanks

that sounds like a great trip.

most of those cities have tons of fun sht to see and do.

the drive is beautiful. if you're into nature, stop at any of the national parks you will be near, aside form just the grand canyon. yosemite, olympic national park, the redwoods, etc. you may also want to work lake tahoe in there

granville island in vancouver is cool. so are their beaches. jericho beach is awesome.

eat seafood in seattle.

shoot guns in vegas. http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/

i'm not sure what you're into but you won't have to look far for it

Our list is currently at:

Start: Calgary

Vancouver

Seattle

Portland

San Fran

Santa Monica

LA

Vegas

The Grand Canyon (Is this worth going to)

San Diego

Mexico

Can anyone share some must see/do items in these locations or add any other decent areas to check out within a reasonable driving distance.

Thanks

the coast from Portland down to NOrthern Claifornia is fucking beautiful and the red woods are a real "should see"

San Fran is dope