new concept, let me know what you think

GRAFantasy

i came up with the idea a few months ago, and it turned into a one month gallery show at upperplayground/zerofriends NYC from feb 13th to mar 13th.

the best buildings in nyc, graf writers can never hit, like the empire state building, madison square garden. i had my photos printed up 28" x 40" on canvas, then Bader airbrushed and spraypainted on them. we sold 6 of the 7 originals at the gallery show, and now i have prints available of one of the images. full info, pics, and ordering information for the print is on http://www.GRAFantasy.com

let me hear your feedback

4355833809_42f68975cf_b.jpg

4370934610_f02a4f539d_b.jpg

4370934768_f91b9809f6_b.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm shocked. bader has got mad respect in brooklyn where he has been painting for over 10 years. he grew up in mexico, where his father, Mosh, was one of the first to bring graffii there in the 70's.

to each his own i guess, you all are entitled to your opinions.

It's gay as fuck brospeh.

It's the equivalent to kids rocking The Clash t-shirts from Hot Topic.

People like you are diluting our scene to a despicable point.

Airbrushing and fucking Photoshop doesn't have shit to do with REAL writing.

Tell your dude to go hit some REAL gritty spots and turn THOSE into prints.

P.S. Don't ride your dad's fame. Do you.

nothing is photoshopped. nothing was done on a computer. the first images i posted are from the grafantasy series i did with him, he airbrush painted directly onto the canvas photos.

the second batch of images i posted are walls he has hit in NYC and cancun, all done with a spraycan.

he is a writer, i am a photographer with an idea. i have no intention of affecting the graf scene in a negative aspect.

It'd be a good idea.. but for air brushing it doesn't look natural at all.. if ur gonna air brush make it look like it's a part of the photo.. check out a movie like sin city or something with mixed media like that that flows real well.. I think it'd do better. Plus the photos aren't great.... Archetectual photography is all about position of the camera vs. the building.. get the camera as parallell as possible with the building. some of the pieces on the website the perception of the paint is off from the perception of the photo. so all in all I agree with injury, good idea, poor execution. congrats on makin a few bucks off it tho, mine as well!

Try it again with less "stock" photos. go out there and shoot some artistic shit in some grungy area with a gnarly spotlight on a dark wall and have him paint that.

for what its worth, here are a couple more of the original grafantasy pieces on canvas

4370934332_29a12ee000_b.jpg

[/img]

It just disapears into the building.. you think some gnarly thing like that wouldn't make the building crack a little bit? you can't just add stuff to the photos, you have to think about how what you add will affect the photo on more levels than shadows..

i dunno why everyones hatin so hard on this stuff, i think its pretty damn cool. Theres plenty of shut that dilutes the graff scene, but i dont think this is one of thoes things, plenty of artists cross over into gallerys and create canvases and sell them, why is this any different?

thank you. i agree 100%.

its cool and all, but its not graff.

its some dude airbrushing on a photo on a canvas, its art not graff. dudes a dope artist, but i think his graff is wack, besides theyre all legal walls anyway. good on you for trying something new, and its cool and all but dont call it graff.

bojangles is right, this is scene hopping hipster shit for kids who want to write graff but are too scared. whats next canvas's of subway cars and freight trains so you dont have to risk anything? graff is an illegal act not a gallery attraction.

good on writers like seen and arek and shit that go and do gallery shit, but those guys also put in alot of work for alot of years on the streets and rails. some guy whos claim to fame is his father painting in mexico 40 years ago and the only flicks ive seen are legal walls? prolly fucking not

4388728424_21336ae5f4_b.jpg

I like these.

People that hangout in this website all day are quick to shoot down somthin thats different.

Keep em up, I like the third one down, but if it was a bit cleaner i would really dig it.

Maybe the buildings could use a little more contrast to kinda counter act the vibrant colors.. i dk. Take it for what its worth.

its cool and all, but its not graff.

its some dude airbrushing on a photo on a canvas, its art not graff. dudes a dope artist, but i think his graff is wack, besides theyre all legal walls anyway. good on you for trying something new, and its cool and all but dont call it graff.

bojangles is right, this is scene hopping hipster shit for kids who want to write graff but are too scared. whats next canvas's of subway cars and freight trains so you dont have to risk anything? graff is an illegal act not a gallery attraction.

good on writers like seen and arek and shit that go and do gallery shit, but those guys also put in alot of work for alot of years on the streets and rails. some guy whos claim to fame is his father painting in mexico 40 years ago and the only flicks ive seen are legal walls? prolly fucking not

bader put his time in on the street, not doing only legal walls. he isnt 'scared'. he hasnt done much illegal graf the last couple of years, since he is now an established tattoo artist in NYC.

fuck you pussy ass haters, this art is cool, i cant beleive you pussys think you can define graffiti for everyone here,those sayin this shit is for hipsters, your the same faggit that tells his boy hes acting white because he can read properly, if you love the gutter go live in it, my kind of people arent afraid of evolution.

the idea is dope. but ithink it'll be beetter if you make it a canvas. paint every building and the fantasy doesn't go with the building. it should be straight graf insted of dragons. the picture is too bright to be a fantasy. even if i was mad high i wouldn't capture the idea. unless you would've told me.