Return To the Work Force

SwampFightOner

that sucks you dont get payed for transport time.

if you can find a job where you get payed for transport your set, friends an electrician and his current worksite is 4 hours away and he gets payed a bit more per hour during the commute. and he uses the company truck. so hes set for now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, I've only been there a few days, but have already noticed my brother's crew is quite different from everyone else's haha. Every other person I see is a respectable looking, usually older, white guy. Then you got my brother's crew which is me and my boy P, (both white but covered in tattoos and far from respectable looking), my brother in law (Puerto Rican but could pass for Samoan), his brother (Puerto Rican with a grill), and our boy Camacho (very large and ignorant Puerto Rican/Dominican Blood, covered in gang and jail tattoos).

They must love us haha

It's funny, I've only been there a few days, but have already noticed my brother's crew is quite different from everyone else's haha. Every other person I see is a respectable looking, usually older, white guy. Then you got my brother's crew which is me and my boy P, (both white but covered in tattoos and far from respectable looking), my brother in law (Puerto Rican but could pass for Samoan), his brother (Puerto Rican with a grill), and our boy Camacho (very large and ignorant Puerto Rican/Dominican Blood, covered in gang and jail tattoos).

They must love us haha

since i know what most you of you look like, what an awful group of people to show up to your house or business. :lol:

• Like 1

i've been unemployed for a minute and living it up. i want a really stupid summer job tho. last summer i worked at a car wash. shit was such a hilarious and fun cakewalk. then fall came, i peaced and got a high paying warehouse gig

i was thinking about being a lifegaurd, which would be epic lulz cuz i'ma a skinny, pale irish/czech dude with a mean beer gut

That's what's up AB.

I found that I need a job to keep me out of trouble and keep me motivated until my own business is running. As it is now, I work and then come home and grind for 5,6,7,8 hours every night. I think if I didn't have the job then I wouldn't be motivated because every day at work, even though it isn't bad, is just more fuel to my entrepreneurial fire. Without it I'd likely sleep until 5PM every night and let time fly by wasted.

That's why when shit pops off enough, I'm going to get myself an office to go to each day. Even if it's a very, very small spot only for me, I think it would be good because leaving your house and going somewhere leads to more productivity.

the amount of money wasted on renting or buying an office is way not worth it, say save up enough to build your own studio/workspace for whatever it is your hoping to do you have alot more satisfaction as its yours and you can make it how you want so that it suits you and helps your flow.

my 3 n a half cents.

^This nigga part Bohemian...

ha

true story

but yo

not having a job is really shitty some days

today i drank two pots of coffee, made omelette or died trying, went batshit crazy from boredom and too much coffee, got camel menthols cuz i had a coupon and laughed @ juggalos via interwebz in between

actually it sounds pretty win when i put it in cool story bro format

but nah today was really less than fresh

Nothing cool really, just working and bullshitting.

Yesterday I swept a basement for 2 hours, drove around looking for a store that carried A Bronx Tale on DVD for an hour, then cut molding off the wall in an office building for 4 hours. The whole time I was with my boy so we chilled and had fun, and we got paid $105 a piece to do it.

It's not the most glamorous shit in the world, and it sucks waking up early and hungover as fuck (I spent all Sunday night puking, then all Monday morning contemplating suicide), but it's decent money, and I honestly do feel better about life since I stopped sleeping all day, so fuck it

I don't know how you work hungover like that.

Whenever I'm working I have to save the booze for the weekends or else I'm a hateful, evil, hungover mess.

I've always been like this, I can't help myself. Back in the day when I worked at Home Depot I'd get there at like 4 or 5 AM, and regularly I'd finish my last drink in the parking lot.

It really sucks some days, but most of the time it's not too much to deal with

Wait a few years and the working toxic thing will catch up with ya. While doing the math at the bar you will equate how much sleep you need with how much you used to get and the next morning you will remember that you are not 20 anymore. Its a bummer but a fact of life.

Feed Yer Ego, I do not know if there is much truth in it but I have heard that starting out as a lifeguard is a good way to get into other city jobs that are only open to those currently employed with the city.

In other news, I got a interview lined up!!! Being unemployed for over a year now makes this a pretty big deal for me. I had gotten to the point where I was planning on starting my own business once the checks run out and I still may but having a regular job in my industry sound pretty fucking good right about now.

Who else runs a legal side hustle? What I am hoping can work out for me is to get a regular job and run side jobs to explore the market and see if my idea can make enough to justify going after full time.

Did I mention that I have a interview? YEAAAAAAAA