Return To the Work Force

SwampFightOner

After a two year absence, I'm gonna start working again on Monday, doing fire and flood repair. I'm not calling it a job, because that word makes me sick, so instead I'll just think of it as adding another hustle to my repertoire.

I'm not really doing it for the money since I've always been fine in that category, but I've been pretty unhappy with my life lately so I figure this will give me something productive to do during the day. That, plus the fact that since I don't NEED the $15 an hour I can just bank and save it, ultimately helping me reach my goal of owning a bar faster.

I'm kind of anxious about it after all this time, but I'll be working with my brother and a bunch of his friends, plus basically setting my own hours, so I'm sure it'll be straight, and hopefully help improve my mind state. I think I'm happy.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im teasin foo...

work is good for some people, adds structure and shit. especially if your feeling like yer in a rut. might be the spark that you need to open up new doors and/or headspace.

me personaly, i fill my day with small useless errands to make sure i have a sense of order to avoid that potential feeling. also, i dont allow myself to sleep in. for a dude that really doesnt do fuck all im up pretty early. 8:30/9am. start my day slow. around the house. then on to my list of things that need tending to.

thats a fun job.

you get maaaad free "smoke damaged" shit. friend worked in that field and he got a huuuge plasma TV because the owners wnated to "start fresh" with their home decor. so they just gave it to him. he furnished his entire apartment with "smoke damaged" furniture.

Honest pay for a hard days work....theres nothing like it.

Not to knock you at all, but I disagree haha. There's nothing in the world like dirty money, but I like money in general, so I'll take it every which way it comes

As far as gettin free shit, that's definitely a perk. I've got a pool table that my brother got working and gave to me

humzinger 50.

work does bring structure, but for 15 an hour, hard labor might take its toll. but being down on yourself is lousy.

in my experience being depressed is a luxury. people who have "time" to be depressed are usually better off then they think.

having the time to say "life sucks, my life sucks etc" is a privilege. if life was that bad you would be more worried about your next meal then a "boring day.

2pennies.jpg

in my experience being depressed is a luxury. people who have "time" to be depressed are usually better off then they think.

having the time to say "life sucks, my life sucks etc" is a privilege. if life was that bad you would be more worried about your next meal then a "boring day.

I agree completely. Like I said, I'm very financially secure, and live a fun life, but I sometimes get down on the fact that I sleep all day and am not banking any money due to my ridiculous spending habits.

Basically it's kind of a quarter life crisis, and I feel like now is the time to really put effort into saving money to get my dream of owning a bar off the ground

thats cool i would save my loot as much as i could for the bar thing.

but the kids i know who own bars, are all partial owners. start making friends with investment prospects. i know one dude who is a full owner of a bar, but he is crazy paid. the other ones are all in on shares. usually 10g's a point. pool your money with people who serious.

edit

i know of one spot that has something like 37 names involves