Carlsberg Beer Employee Strike

SukiSukiNow

I thought this was kinda funny.

carlsberg_crown_logo_on_green.jpg

carlsberg-lager.jpg

BEER1.jpg

carlsberg.com

Lunch-Only Beer Policy Prompts Carlsberg Strike

COPENHAGEN (AP) ― Scores of Carlsberg workers walked off their jobs in protest Thursday after the Danish brewer tightened laid-back rules on workplace drinking and removed beer coolers from work sites, a company spokesman said.

The warehouse and production workers in Denmark are rebelling against the company's new alcohol policy, which allows them to drink beer only during lunch hours in the canteen. Previously, they could help themselves to beer throughout the day, from coolers placed around the work sites.

The only restriction was "that you could not be drunk at work. It was up to each and everyone to be responsible," company spokesman Jens Bekke said.

Carlsberg had mulled a stricter drinking policy for years and finally decided to impose the new rules on April 1, prompting protests from the staff.

Bekke said around 800 workers went on strike Wednesday and around 250 walked off their jobs Thursday, resulting in interruptions to beer transports in and around Copenhagen.

Carlsberg's truck drivers joined the strike in sympathy — even thought they are exempt from the new rules, Bekke said. The truck drivers are permitted to bring three beers from the canteen because they often don't have time to have lunch there.

The trucks have alcohol ignition locks preventing the drivers from driving drunk, he added.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Carlsberg has been one of my my favorite beers since high school (for geographic reasons).

I often dream about what it would be like to work for Carlsberg.

I leave work everyday and promptly drink 2 Carslbergs at the downstairs bar while reading the paper.

I wear Liverpool jerseys just because they are sponsored by Carlsberg.

Drue can hate all he wants but I like Carlsberg...and ROLF, you prefer Tennant's over Carlsberg?

Get some scabs in there, maybe they can brew it to not taste like piss.

SCBBS.jpg

BS11928.jpg

SCBHHX.jpg

ScabRat.jpg

see what happens when the scabs come out to take union jobs

3206087.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834DD563AC61202D14DB2FDA405A949180675223CE6E4BAF89B1

circa 1935: A scene depicting unionized strikers fighting with a group of 'scabs' or nonunion replacement employees as they try to cross the picket line at a factory. One of the strikers' signs reads 'We fight fascism.' Several men lay unconscious on the ground. (Photo by American Stock/Getty Images)

SCBBS.jpg

BS11928.jpg

SCBHHX.jpg

ScabRat.jpg

see what happens when the scabs come out to take union jobs

3206087.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834DD563AC61202D14DB2FDA405A949180675223CE6E4BAF89B1

circa 1935: A scene depicting unionized strikers fighting with a group of 'scabs' or nonunion replacement employees as they try to cross the picket line at a factory. One of the strikers' signs reads 'We fight fascism.' Several men lay unconscious on the ground. (Photo by American Stock/Getty Images)

is there supposed to be a bloody scene depicting violence somewhere in here? i don't see shit.

Carlsberg has been one of my my favorite beers since high school (for geographic reasons).

I often dream about what it would be like to work for Carlsberg.

I leave work everyday and promptly drink 2 Carslbergs at the downstairs bar while reading the paper.

I wear Liverpool jerseys just because they are sponsored by Carlsberg.

Drue can hate all he wants but I like Carlsberg...and ROLF, you prefer Tennant's over Carlsberg?

fuckin' right i do!!

i'm a fuckin' borderline alcoholic. and you'd have to fuckin' pay me to drink that shite...

that's really saying something, yeah i know tennants isn't the most plesant bevvy either, but it's almost as cheap as that carlsberg pish, and being from scotland it's a lot lot fresher.

i remember when i was aboot 15 me and my mate got ten bottles of carly for £3! fuckin' £3, now i know why it was so cheap.

Carlsberg workers end strike over cut beer rations

April 13, 2010 - 7:36AM

Employees at a Carlsberg warehouse on the outskirts of Copenhagen returned to work on Monday, ending a five-day strike over a decision to cut their daily ration of free beer, their union said.

Some 200 warehouse workers in Hoeje Taastrup had walked off the job last Wednesday after their daily beer ration was cut from three bottles to one.

About 50 drivers for the brewery had joined the work action in solidarity with their thirsty colleagues.

"We have agreed with management that we will meet very soon to find a temporary solution while waiting for a legal settlement of the matter," 3F union delegate Michael Christensen said in a statement on the union's website.

On April 1, Carlsberg, the world's fourth largest brewer, introduced "a new policy on alcohol consumption in the workplace and now only authorises drinking beer in the canteen during the lunch hour," he said.

Now, "only drivers are exceptionally allowed three beers a day and the warehouse workers wanted the same privilege, but were not given it", Bekke explained.

AFP