Malcolm McLaren RIP

Decyferon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He was involved in that whole phase of Hip Hop, when the downtown scene was embracing the uptown kids.

I could be wrong but people have mixed feelings on the guy. Some of them call him important and some think he raped shit.

I was too young at that point in time so I'm not going to chime in on it.

R.I.P though. He definitely helped start fame and careers for some people.

damn respect... dude sounds pretty pivotal in the music industry from what iv just read in the last 5 minutes. anyone not only embracing but pushing punk rock from its conception aswell as hiphop, the two purest forms of youth musicality pre-plastic factory made assembly line production is prolly one kool mutherfucker.

Dude was a classic showman who took it to the next level. Yeah, he "raped" urban culture, but that's what anyone does who takes it mainstream. Deserves at least some respect - if you didn't grow up in the tri state in the 80s you might nit know about hip hop/punk/new wave/ the downtown 82 scene, etc without this guy. He saw movements that were popular and marketed them. Ok, exploited them too but whatev

FIRST CUTS I POPPED/B-BOYED TO IN THE EARLY 80's

HERBIE HANCOCK-------ROCK IT

ART OF NOISE----------BEAT BOX

MALCOLM McLAREN-----BUFFALO GALS

CHECK OUT ROCK STEADY CREW ROCKING AND DONDI PAINTING LIVE IN THE BUFFALO GAL VIDEO.

DEFINATLEY WORTH WATCHING THE ENTIRE THING.

DO YOU LIKE SCRATCHIN'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCfIzGvOgc4

REST IN PEACE MM

• Like 1

• 1 month later...