Human and potatoes

Alcoholica

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Super fucked up, I'm glad I don't live anywhere remotely near Eastern Europe to be honest.

They got this, that hammer murder video shit, Andrei Chikatilo, a grip of fucked stuff. As "metal" as that is to some of you weirdos I want nothing to do with it...no offense to any oontzers hailing from that area though.

aww c'mon. jeffrey dahmer was american.

so was albert fish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_country

guess who has the biggest list?

Point taken, but I'd also venture the guess that the U.S. is more stringent about investigating and convicting. In a country the size of Russia I find it laughable that there have only been 11 serial killers.

their police are no fucking joke. of course they are investigating political 'crimes' and i agree that that IS a tiny number, but still, there was rule with an iron fist there for so long i doubt people were getting away with whatever.

the gulag loomed large for many years, and the state is their biggest serial killer, for sure.

if you scroll down on theat wiki page, it also lists a bunch of unsolved serial killer crimes. we are also big on that list too. their is a ton of personal freedom of movement and anonymity here that wasn't possible other places bvecause of the nature of their govt.

pinochet's chilean gov't, idi amin in uganda and pol pot's cambodian gov't make this particular case look like a crash course in dictatorial rule.

i too see your point though.

when i was a kid my grandparents lived in a neighborhood

with a beach. The guy who lived in the house next to the

beach ended up being connected to killing 4 women (claimed

to be responsible for more) and was found with a body

in his trunk.

their police are no fucking joke. of course they are investigating political 'crimes' and i agree that that IS a tiny number, but still, there was rule with an iron fist there for so long i doubt people were getting away with whatever.

the gulag loomed large for many years, and the state is their biggest serial killer, for sure.

if you scroll down on theat wiki page, it also lists a bunch of unsolved serial killer crimes. we are also big on that list too. their is a ton of personal freedom of movement and anonymity here that wasn't possible other places bvecause of the nature of their govt.

pinochet's chilean gov't, idi amin in uganda and pol pot's cambodian gov't make this particular case look like a crash course in dictatorial rule.

i too see your point though.

I suppose I'm under the impression a lot of police resources (during the Gulag and Iron Curtain eras) were directed towards political ends. While there were definitely explicit limits on what people could and couldn't do, I feel as though it's likely a lot of civilian murder cases fell through the cracks or weren't pursued at all. Especially since the state had its own murder business to handle as you've said.

Russian/Ukrainian police are definitely not to be fucked with though, my sister has spent a good amount of time in that part of the world and has some stories...