Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collateral Murder

mackfatsoe

im glad your response to a civil debate includes "faggot" and a song quote.

does anyone have anything productive to say?

maybe if this was crossfire you would get some productive responses but this in Ch0

Personally I think they had no right to fire on people that were doing fuck all wrong, of course they are carrying guns, their country is illegally occupied and they need to defend themselves.

The fact the soldiers were laughing at the dead iraqis just show what pieces of shit those soldiers are.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the object at debate boils down to whether or not being in the military changes a person.

i said people who change their opinion depending on who they are with and what movie they just watched or what news story they just heard dont have the right to make an opinion.

So which point are you trying to make exactly? I'm having a hard time making sense out of any of your posts

I can't read that wall of text on my phone. Break it down for me.

in short- it's a parasite who's host is mainly the average domestic cat that makes you go bat shit insane, and manipulates your behavior etc.. if you get infected by it ..

and it also explains why the cat lady goes crazy and why the internet loves LOL cats.

the problem is they claim they were shot at. that claim was blatantly false and made only so they could get permission to open fire. at no point do they try and get eyes on the ground to confirm their identities even though ground forces are very close by. it seems painfully obvious that they were looking for ANY reason to open fire, it's unfortunate that those killed weren't american journalists cos at least there would have been an investigation.

Acer I'm trying really hard to figure out what your point is.

People who change their opinions based on their immediate peers at any given moment are bullshit?

I think everyone agrees on that.

And "don't tell your opinions if they aren't solid?" The fuck? I guess you're saying the same as above, only in an even more confusing way? But if you're saying that an opinion is not subject to change, well I think that's bullshit.

I get that your family has done a lot of fighting, that's commendable I guess. How do you suggest people (like yourself, apparently) who are not directly involved with the fighting in Iraq inform themselves about the war and form "a solid opinion" about what is occurring there without turning to the news as a source of information? Word of mouth? Volunteer at the VA? Just don't give a fuck?

I'm not some hipster at some bar badmouthing soldiers and the war because it's fucking trendy. I don't know where you even pulled that scenario from, because to be honest, when I hang out with "hip" people at bars, the last fucking thing they're talking about is Iraq. In principle, I have a deep respect for anybody who goes to war, but in practice I know that many people enlist for reasons that I find stupid, insane, or revolting. I don't see this video as some sort of grand indictment of the war or of these men (maybe boys is more appropriate), I was just shocked by how jarring it was to see, and I posted it so that I would think about it and talk about it and maybe figure out why. How foolish of me.

People who wanna argue and say foul shit happening is "OK" because it's in a war, a war that shouldn't have been started to begin with by some men with an agenda of their own, who will never get their hands dirty themselves but have low life high school drop outs of America jump in front of bullets, then have relatives of these idiots come on a message board and attack everyone else is even more stupid. You solve nothing, and innocent people got killed for carrying cameras by blood thirty trigger happy get out of jail free government assassin jar heads. End of story.

Anyone Remember the tall hairy guy that lives in a cave who supposedly sent planes into 2 buildings in 2001? Remember when there was supposed to be a reason to start a war?

People who wanna argue and say foul shit happening is "OK" because it's in a war, a war that shouldn't have been started to begin with by some men with an agenda of their own, who will never get their hands dirty themselves but have low life high school drop outs of America jump in front of bullets, then have relatives of these idiots come on a message board and attack everyone else is even more stupid. You solve nothing, and innocent people got killed for carrying cameras by blood thirty trigger happy get out of jail free government assassin jar heads. End of story.

Anyone Remember the tall hairy guy that lives in a cave who supposedly sent planes into 2 buildings in 2001? Remember when there was supposed to be a reason to start a war?

THIS IS THE TRUTH

in iraq damn near every household has ak's in them there aloud to have them but when a convoy of army vehicles is coming down the road and the dudes got rpg's i dont give a fuck they have intention to do something so im goin to ask permission to engage just as they did

This was not murder, this is a great example of what we call "the fog of war"

I looked at the video and it looks right, they did what they thought was right.

The unit on the ground is calling for fire support from the helio. The helio saw the individuals based on the units coordinates and they saw and identified the people shooting. They called to confirm and request to engage based on rules of engagement, they got permission from the unit commander to fire and they did.

Now, in a war where the enemies do not wear uniforms and are not in identifiable equipment....you are going to have some mishaps. Insurgents wear civilian clothes...so do...wait for it....civilians. Its hard in the heat of battle when you are getting shot at to easily identify who is a bad dude and who is not...fog of war...it happens, yes it is horrible but it happens.

That is why training is important, getting out in your sector and knowing who is who is important.

War is horrible, War is sad, but you know what was sadder? The torture and murder of thousands of Kurdish and Iraqi people under their dictator Saddam Hussein. And even today the fear and atrocities that the Iraqi people go through because of foreign and extremist fighters trying to cause a civil war in their country.

I just posted this in the crossfire thread

"The Apache helicopters (air support) were called in when a heavy firefight broke out within the area. It’s standard procedure.

It is clear to see the roads are mostly vacant of cars within the area because it is evident people evacuated. This footage was shot in the middle of the day in Baghdad. Let me remind you, it is the country’s capital and Iraq’s most populated city. Let me also remind you that it was 2007, the deadliest year for American forces in Iraq. When a battle occurs, the civilians get the fuck out of there. That’s standard Iraqi procedure.

A crowd of men gather around two Iraqi journalists for Reuters. The two are holding very large cameras that require arm length slings to be attached for someone to carry it around. It’s hard to tell from a distance especially a helicopter in the air whether those things are cameras or rifles or RPGs. As far as that helicopter pilot is concerned, if it’s REAL clear that guy is holding an RPG, it’s also close enough for that guy to easily shoot the helicopter down.

Anyways, these men are STILL in the area and because these journalists get paid to capture juicy footage of war. It made sense to them to head TOWARDS the kill zone of battle.

The pilots observes all this without the extra knowledge, identifying them as belligerents, and after getting the green light, wastes them all. They also shoot up the van who came by trying to save the dying. After all, if you’re helping the enemy, you are the enemy. The van also happened to have two kids as passengers. The infantry are called in to secure the area and take the wounded out for medical help."

Someone else said this stuff, it is now my opinion too.

"If this was a war crime, I would be a potential war criminal. I would NOT have acted any differently than those pilots did if I did NOT have prior knowledge of what was really happening on the ground.

For anyone so indignant about this and feels this was somehow proof of US troops intentionally killing civilians, FUCK YOU. I think Kurt Brecht said it best, “War crime? War IS the crime!”