Collateral Murder

mackfatsoe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny how everyone gets butthurt and says all these things about how terrible war is when something like this gets released.

a month from now i guarantee your going to atleast say to yourself "sweet" next time you hear anything "good" regarding the war on the news.

none of you are soldiers.

none of you have seen war.

none of you can draw an informed opinion on this matter.

please correct me if one of you is a soldier whos served active duty and/or has experienced this war firsthand.

Interesting accusation. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say you have family members in "the war"?

So based on your bulleting of logic, anyone who has an opinion of war is automatically wrong if they have not served. That we could not possibly derive from other sources enough to have an intelligent opinion.

USAD?

no, im saying your automatically wrong if your opinion varies depending on how others are reacting.

if you all anti war when your with your hipster friend at the bar and then your all pro war when your at the shooting range then your a fucktard.

and no, im not usad, ive never lost anyone to a war. i grew up in a army town, my mom was a army brat and my dad enlisted the day he turned old enough. every male in my family has served, i have relative whove fought in every significant war in american history. i base my opinions of the war on their experiences. while all of them are varied, they all revolve around a similar theme. soldiers cant be compared to everyday citizens. you cant compare apples to oranges and its unfair to criticize a orange for being too citrusy. of course its not going to be anything like a apple. of course a soldier isnt going to be anything like a civilian.

none of you are soldiers.

none of you have seen war.

none of you can draw an informed opinion on this matter.

please correct me if one of you is a soldier whos served active duty and/or has experienced this war firsthand.

So by your logic your opinion doesn't mean jack shit either :rolleyes:

Oh and at 3:46

eric_theodore_cartman_southpark.jpg

I'm with Mercer. I hate to say it, but I can see where they may have been coming from. Honestly, I wasn't there and the video does anger me in many ways, but I've never been shot at by a 12 year old with an RPG.

I hate to imagine our soldiers acting like this is a video game, and I'm sure there are plenty of those types. Stereotyping every soldier as that type is just plain ridiculous.

Alot of niggas in the military are mad bored and all they really want to do is buck haji's. I mean thats the only reason they enlisted. Real talk.

related?:

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/sapolsky09/sapolsky09_index.html

"Up to one third of the world's human population is estimated to carry a Toxoplasma infection."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

guys, i never gave my opinion on the war.

i just said my opinion was acquired in a more fair way then yours.

"I KNOW PEOPLE IN THE MILITARY, YOU GUYS DON'T, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. YOU GUYS JUST READ AND LISTEN TO VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES, I ACTUALLY GET WORD OF MOUTH FROM PEOPLE WHO BARELY PASSED HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE THEY JOINED THE MILITARY"

im glad your response to a civil debate includes "faggot" and a song quote.

does anyone have anything productive to say?

maybe if this was crossfire you would get some productive responses but this in Ch0

Personally I think they had no right to fire on people that were doing fuck all wrong, of course they are carrying guns, their country is illegally occupied and they need to defend themselves.

The fact the soldiers were laughing at the dead iraqis just show what pieces of shit those soldiers are.

the object at debate boils down to whether or not being in the military changes a person.

i said people who change their opinion depending on who they are with and what movie they just watched or what news story they just heard dont have the right to make an opinion.

So which point are you trying to make exactly? I'm having a hard time making sense out of any of your posts

I can't read that wall of text on my phone. Break it down for me.

in short- it's a parasite who's host is mainly the average domestic cat that makes you go bat shit insane, and manipulates your behavior etc.. if you get infected by it ..

and it also explains why the cat lady goes crazy and why the internet loves LOL cats.

the problem is they claim they were shot at. that claim was blatantly false and made only so they could get permission to open fire. at no point do they try and get eyes on the ground to confirm their identities even though ground forces are very close by. it seems painfully obvious that they were looking for ANY reason to open fire, it's unfortunate that those killed weren't american journalists cos at least there would have been an investigation.

Acer I'm trying really hard to figure out what your point is.

People who change their opinions based on their immediate peers at any given moment are bullshit?

I think everyone agrees on that.

And "don't tell your opinions if they aren't solid?" The fuck? I guess you're saying the same as above, only in an even more confusing way? But if you're saying that an opinion is not subject to change, well I think that's bullshit.

I get that your family has done a lot of fighting, that's commendable I guess. How do you suggest people (like yourself, apparently) who are not directly involved with the fighting in Iraq inform themselves about the war and form "a solid opinion" about what is occurring there without turning to the news as a source of information? Word of mouth? Volunteer at the VA? Just don't give a fuck?

I'm not some hipster at some bar badmouthing soldiers and the war because it's fucking trendy. I don't know where you even pulled that scenario from, because to be honest, when I hang out with "hip" people at bars, the last fucking thing they're talking about is Iraq. In principle, I have a deep respect for anybody who goes to war, but in practice I know that many people enlist for reasons that I find stupid, insane, or revolting. I don't see this video as some sort of grand indictment of the war or of these men (maybe boys is more appropriate), I was just shocked by how jarring it was to see, and I posted it so that I would think about it and talk about it and maybe figure out why. How foolish of me.