Collateral Murder

mackfatsoe

http://collateralmurder.org/

With the help of an unnamed "courageous source," whistle-blowing Web site Wikileaks has released a video depicting what it says is 2007 footage showing a U.S. military helicopter opening fire on at least 10 Iraqi civilians and two Reuters employees in a Baghdad suburb. "The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers," Wikileaks asserts. In 2007, Reuters announced that two members of its Baghdad bureau—Saeed Chmagh and Namir Noor-Eldeen—had been killed while on assignment in New Baghdad, Iraq. In the Wikileaks video, Apache crew members are seen opening fire on a group of men standing around a street corner and continuing to shoot civilians who came to their rescue. "Oh yeah, look at those dead bastards," one of the soldiers is overheard saying after the attacks. Reuters had been unsuccessfully petitioning the military for the footage since 2007, and this is the first time the video has been made publicly available. "The material was encrypted with a code, and we broke the code," Assange said of the footage. Wired reports that this is one the first times that the site has done first-hand investigative journalism (it ordinarily posts source material) and is indicative of "how a website dedicated to anonymous leaks has become a venue for a more traditional model of investigative reporting."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you be just as upset if you read about it but didnt see the video?

just curious how people react to these sorts of things.

No. I think what's so upsetting is seeing it from the gunsight from the helicopter. I mean, FUCK, it's so surreal and so cinematic, the guy with the gun is so removed from the people he's killing and yet he sees them perfectly. Technology is horrifying sometimes.

I think it upsets me so much because on some level I understand how these soldiers could be so flippant about killing other living human beings because of the literal and figurative distance that this technology enables.

I bet they got a medal for that too... Bitch ass faggots! Don't understand how motherfuckers can kill people and hold no remorse... Fucked up thing is these idiots let themselves be brainwashed to the point that if the higher ranks were to point at a group of children and say "those are the terrorists!" they wouldn't think twice about shooting... Maybe that doesn't apply to every single soldier but the one dude in the vid sounded like he wanted to shoot someone as soon as he woke up... Shits fucked up... And that's y I'm waiting here patiently till these motherfuckers blow it all up!!

Alot of niggas in the military are mad bored and all they really want to do is buck haji's. I mean thats the only reason they enlisted. Real talk.

seriously. i don't know what you people thought was going on over there, or in any war since the machine gun was invented.

would you be just as upset if you read about it but didnt see the video?

people are too stupid to think about things if they can't see them.

ME TOO. these idiots should have been kept out of the military

that's what kind of people the military wants. that's what they try to turn people into. they're probably infinitely more concerned with the informational leak than they are with the fact that anybody died.

personally i'm not surprised and i'm pretty constantly upset about this and all the other bullshit that goes on in the world. i really, really don't know why anyone expects anything to be different.

RObO WTF!!!??? I would hate to look at your web browsers history...

it goes like

demonoid

isohunt

piratebay

avista

cinemageddon

facebook

veoh

onemanga

mangavolume

12oz

myspace