Recent Pickups/ Purchases/ Gifts/ Aquisitions Megathread

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I feel like we'd see just as many crazy videos coming out of the US and Canada if more people had these.

Here's one from Canada:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5praSs96Q8g&

so the guys just sideswipes the car gets out talks shit and then takes off.

i believe you'd get shot for that here in the states....well, at least get your ass beat.:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought this book. Good if you're interested in the history of Hip Hop and how it started. Lots of insight & knowledge. Easy read (coffee book style). Done in old-school comic book format from that era.

Video with interview of the author & illustrator: http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,2695437017001_2153498,00.html

http://www.amazon.com/Hip-Hop-Family-Tree/dp/1606996908

HIP-HOP-FAMILY-TREE-COVER.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. $80 for a single wrench is crazy. However, my company box at work is all snap-on or better an I def have to say they are the best tools I've ever handled. If I had the means I would buy them for myself. I've never had an issue with them and I cannot say the same for craftsman or lower. There are tools better than snap-on IMHO though...

Today's acquisition was my old mans tool collection. He finally retired after about 35 years of being a metal smith by day and an auto mechanic by night. Selling all his shit and driving across country to retire in … Florida.

Was kinda sad seeing him say goodbye to his gear.

22E6E4C5-5DD8-4383-B08F-427C538628B9_zpsbcz4gfo6.jpg

Heres one of the socket drawers. I guess there are a few rare things in this drawer alone. Socket for Vw bug flywheel etc.…odd sizes.

Once I get everything squared away I might post a lil more in the tools thread in Duty Free.

EAA53305-D890-453F-9A01-A85EC67484F1_zpsxr4alcav.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Roku-3.jpg

ArticleImage.15738.jpg

Just bought a Roku 3. Best thing ever. I should have been up on these media streamers earlier. Best part is that it has a USB port so you can play any of your movies straight from the USB stick. A lot of these streamers don't have that function like Apple TV or Amazon Fire.

Highly recommended.

• 5 weeks later...

i bought the roku 2 xd in late 2012...wish i wouldve waited for the roku 3.

my gf got the apple tv for her apartment and at the time the roku was about $25 cheaper....we both decided that the roku was better even though it didnt allow you to mirror an ipad to it (apple tv obviously did) and that roku didnt have a youtube app (because google owns youtube, blah blah blahblah blah legal stuff blah)

since then, they have added a youtube app, and even more private channels that apple tv doesnt have.

by the way, i love searching for random roku private channels on the web....its like a treasure hunt lol

I don't know anything about that private channel thing. Will have to look in to it.

So far I mainly use it for Netflix, YouTube, and downloaded movies on the USB stick...

Yeah, Roku supposedly has more apps/channels than any of the others. I did my research before getting a streamer and most everyone said Roku is #1.

You could always sell your Roku 2 XD and get a Roku 3, depending how much the USB feature means to you. For me it was the main selling point.

I bet Roku 4 will have voice command recognition like the Amazon Fire.

• 2 weeks later...