Recent Pickups/ Purchases/ Gifts/ Aquisitions Megathread

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

acer910: nice arc'teryx. i'm kinda pissed cuz my pro shell seam went undone. that means i gotta return it and wait like 6 weeks for the repair or they give me a new one.

@acer910- This season is the first season of actual wear. I bought it in the tail end of last season on sale. It's a parka style and the seam became unglued at the bottom back. I do a lot of driving so that could be the case.

@fist666- Mine was made in Canada, one of the last ones according to the salesperson. That's one of the main driving forces in buying the jacket, that and the 60% off. Who knows maybe the Chinese are better in this case?

I bet it was just a defect. If a company built their 200+ dollar jackets to fall apart after one season, I doubt they would do too well... But on that note I probably should have paid more attention to the warranty when I bought it. That's one things I'm really stoked about when it comes to expensive as shit hiking clothes, there's usually an unconditional warranty, which is great.

Yea I talked to a friend about Merrell boots because I was looking at the Moab Mids, she said they sucked because the sole came off of hers after a couple of months. That shit doesn't even happen to knockoff chuck taylors so I figured it was just a defect and ignored her advice. Best decision I ever made, as I love my merrell boots. Wear em every day.

My Wife just copped this Arc'Teryx Stinger Jacket for Valentine's. I'm pretty hyped. Fuck North Face. Made in Canadia.

98ad5e7c55dd11e19896123138142014_7.jpg

This was the jacket. Gonna send it back this week. I hope they just repair it and not give me a new one from China. Like I said this was made in Canada.

I've had north face shells where I had to return twice. North Face then gave me the newer shittier version of my old jacket. I returned it again because it was falling apart but they didn't repair it because the damage wasn't on the seams. Bullshit.

Have you looked into non arteryx repair shops? I'm thinking something that expensive, would be worth paying what it would cost for someone else to fix it instead of risking them sending you a new asian one. And if you're in a large city, you should be able to find a tailor willing to work on that kind of jacket no problem.

I've got a Patagonia Torrentshell rain shell, it's doubled as my wind blocker on a little over a thousand freight miles and has held up surprisingly well. I wouldn't have guessed the fabric they used to be so durable. I haven't really trusted North Face with anything except packs, as I've already got pretty much everything I need. But I can say the Northface Terra 35 is one of the best packs I've used.

@acer910 I think I'm just gonna send it back to Arc'teryx. What's the use of a lifetime warranty if I can't use it? Who knows maybe the Chinese ones are constructed better? Doubt it. lol.

If I were you, I'd try and read up about the switch in manufacturers, and see if it's had any negative consequences. For a brand like Arc'teryx I'm sure there's tons of people writing reviews like that.

Maybe I'm just weird about shipping things off that I care about, but I'd almost always rather have a local tailor repair it, especially if that exact jacket is no longer available.

But then again, its just a jacket :lol:

Picked up this camera to survive everyday use and wear and tear, is holding up well and takes decent photos.

Panasonic_LumixFT20_news.jpg

Added to the collection

Monster-Mash-Ups-4-Mini-Bobble-Head-Tusken-Raider-Mummy-14040816-5.jpeg

i have this same exact camera

got water damage about a month after i got it

was snorkeling with it though

but well within the depth limits

should be fine for rain etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah buddy

shits fun

----

2tYfw0e.png

marvel universe series 3 complete

vm6FaaX.png

my subscription finally started kicking in. and a sign from an abandoned building