Moving to Cali soon gonna be a dental floss tycoon...

Some1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cali overrated i lived there for years shits a mirage all the money on the east coast anyways aint no money in cali kids expect shit for too cheap. an you only got 4 bills to ya name and you 25 lmao i guess some1 just cant get their shit together i make your salary pissin in the wind!

really tho just stay on the east coast shit is way better out here i aint never goin back and i was all about the west coast back in the day until i seen all the money out here on the east and that niggas really get down out here

So quick update...

I called the place I sent the application to talked to human resources she was impressed said I am very good candidate since I have experience and have graphic design experience. She forwarded my resume off to the director of marketing hopefully she calls...

• Like 1

Damn, I feel like this thread is a Ch.0 Reunion, haha. I say go for it man. Weird timing for this post too, I'm actually moving to Cali this summer.

I didn't know you did graphic design either. While you're looking for a job, check out some freelance work too. I actually have quite a few clients in the LA area for Web work, and it seems like there's a decent amount of work in that aspect.

Also, buy me a drink before and after the move, haha

what everyone has said about orange county is completely true. there are parts of anaheim, santa ana, and fullerton that are pretty cool, but for the most part, everyone is an asshole, rent is expensive as shit, traffic sucks, no graffiti scene, nothing.

if you are in orange county send a pm and we will grab some beers.

Oh I lovez the bay. Just thinking of a few people in particular.

Haha it really is a reunion now! How is PSM and the little one!? I think I know what you mean I don't plan on it.

The job hunt i still on no call back yet from the marketing director I applied to. I am getting all my references and portfolio together to send off to them monday. I also offered to fly out to interview. Im excited but its getting harder to find a hustle for some quick cash right now. I am a day away from selling my body literally kidneys I figure 5 fingers are 1 or 2 too many. Calling up some hospitals seeing if they need a guinea pig

Holy shit so either I was looking up mmmbop or I was really looking to listen to some radiohead you be the judge. I came across Hanson covering Radiohead's Optimistic and its actually good...apparently we've entered a blackhole how can this be?

Update left a message for my dream job again...

I filled out a shit load of applications last night. I got a call this afternoon from this company asking when I am going to be relocating. This guy was like I came to Cali from CT I want to put you in the interview process I think I can help you out.

Its an entry level sales job he says starts at $45k salary or there is a base plus commission option. Who knows he told me when it gets closer to the time when I am moving call him up. I might just try to set up a weekend of interviews and go there earlier. I have to go through 3 rounds of interviews at that job.

Well I got in trouble by my current job for having my resume on career builder. We just found out that my boys job didnt get some huge contract and they can't hire him now. So we arent doing anything. I am pretty depressed but we are still going to move out there. We are just going to wait till I get my shit settled and more money saved. He is prolly going to fly out there a couple more times get another job and buy a house. Kind of a blessing really now I dont have to worry about cash.

On another note I found a deal that could be worth 150k and like 10k for myself for august. Thattl be a nice little chunk of change to head out there with

Was it the beard?

Maybe the beard scared people.

What beard?

Hey Some1-

Two grand is not going to get you much besides pissed off, so line up some work ahead of time and save yourself a lot of grief. Either way, sell everything you can bear to part with...that will put a few more bucks in your pocket and make the move a little easier.

Also, Orange County is basically Connecticut with nicer weather so if you're looking for a change of pace you might want to try LA or San Diego.