jalapeño appreciation thread

beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost chillies will pwn Jalapeños in the heat AND flavor category, but damn the Naga pepper is hot and proving to be a real bitch to grow. 10 seeds for 7 bucks and only 1 bitch sprouted. however Jalapeños are very easy to grow. the stuffed ones from jack r good, and i wont get mad if they are on my nachos either.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to a Mexican speakeasy last night.

IMG_0823.jpg

Mayahuel_V2_460x285.jpg

The spot is called Mayahuel and the place is set up as a tequila bar/restaurant. Every drink I got had jalapeno infused tequila. I see it at a lot of bars now, and I'm definitely psyched it's popular. Someone mentioned the margaritas already, but last night I had some odd recipes that were really fucking good.

Don't ask what they were though, I can't remember.

My girlfriend makes a cucumber salad with jalapenos. It's pretty easy.

Julienne cut cucumber

diced jalapeno

sliced cherry tomatoes

salt to taste

a splash to taste fish sauce

I know fish sauce isn't some people's taste of choice, but the shit is pretty good mixed together. I asked her how she makes it and she just said "I don't know, Laotion food is just a little of this a little of that." So if you try to make it, you're on your own with the experimenting.

• 1 month later...