Community College and Transfers

Its cheaper than going straight into a four year University or College and most of the classes are much smaller those first two years. I feel like Community College would be too similar to High School for some reason and I wouldn't get that whole "experience" thing that you have the first couple years of University. But I'm sure all that shit is just overrated and whatnot, I just need some advice. Is it worth doing two years and getting an AA then transferring out to a University?

oh and yes, i am coming to you for help, because i am just that cool.

Anywho, I'm sure some of you have done it. Good Idea? Bad Idea? Did you like it?

Discuss?

image-37F3_4B76CE78.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
is it a a good idea to go to college...what the fuck do you think you fucking retard.

making a thread like this, makes me think you are a fucktard for sure...don't go dude.

guys like you that ask the internet if they should go to college are better off at autotech school.

i guess i didn't make myself clear.

i was asking if it was a better idea to go to a CC then transfer, or go right into a University.

• Like 1

possibly more herpes^^^

go to an away school, WIYLE THE FUCK OUT, almost fail, transfer to community college, get a job right outta that bitch, work for 6 years, then get let go cuz you're not married with kids

MONSTER THAT SHIT BRAH

also,

not sure on the spelling of wylin out, wilding out? wurhlitzering out?

i guess i didn't make myself clear.

i was asking if it was a better idea to go to a CC then transfer, or go right into a University.

depnds on if you have good grades and can get in the school you want to...or if you or your folks are mad stacked with loot and can pay 40k a year for C's

dude not trying to bag on you but this is a shit fucking thread and asking 12oz for advice on college = fail

i went to CC did mad drugs, got the crib raided for felony graf game...transferred to a state school and graduated 10 years after graduating high school.

my wife went to CC and then went to UC berkeley and graduated top 15% of her class.....

you can do anything you want.....

i vote you make a new thread that is a poll and then do what 12oz decides.

It is harder to get into a university straight up. They are more selective because you are up against a lot of competition. However...

Transferring ain't all it's cracked up to be. Don't always plan to go to a school for a year or two then transfer- depending on the schools, sometimes you can't make it. Also, when you trade up and transfer into a university from CC you stand two hazards: losing aid and losing credits, both of which cost money. If the university won't accept your credits, there's usually not much you can do. I have a friend who transferred and he now has to take 6 classes over this summer and next summer in order to graduate on time. And if you transfer it's almost always before the FAFSA is filed, and, as a transfer, the school doesn't have half the incentive to offer aid anyways, being as you came to them; they don't have to entice you.

Going to a university is more fun too because college girls are at that special age where they're still retarded but love to party, and they want dick, and if you're smart you'll make it yours.

CC's aren't known for wild ass parties. Aaaaand social life may suffer and suck. Real universities also have the benefit of health services (but not everywhere) and all sorts of other benefits that you would have to pay for yourself otherwise that no CC usually has.

Someone mentioned money. File your FAFSA (google it) and look for scholarships, there are HUNDREDS of scholarships available to you especially if your parents work for corporations, you're religious, or if you're not white. These scholarships are usually not too hard to get and they add up fast. TAKE FREE MONEY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT.

CC is a good stepping stone to a real college. I didn't want to go to real college right away and got the boot fairly quickly as I wasn't ready. I then ended up in CC which was ridiculously easy and then back to a "real" college. Some "real" colleges will not accept a good number of CC credits in some programs so make sure you confer with other transfers at your new college of choice. Getting an associates will also help you to learn what you want to do as well as improve your study habits and shit... The experience of college is all about wearing flip flops in the shower, raping drunk bitches, and drinking which to my understanding you can pretty much do anywhere. Seriously though being a welder or a plumber is a better idea these days.

no a community college is nothing like high school. that is all.

i went to a CC then transferred to a university. saves money and the classes are unviersity level so who cares. many of my CC professors were also professors at a big university. and they taught the same material. the CC just doesn't have the same prestige or funding. but who cares you're just knocking your general ed out the way the first two.

• Like 1

i did 2 years at a community college

then transferred to a state school which at and graduating in may

it sucks like 1/3 of my credits didn't transfer

so make sure you know what you want to be doing before you start

or you'll just waste money and time with credits that won't matter

no a community college is nothing like high school. that is all.

i went to a CC then transferred to a university. saves money and the classes are unviersity level so who cares. many of my CC professors were also professors at a big university. and they taught the same material. the CC just doesn't have the same prestige or funding. but who cares you're just knocking your general ed out the way the first two.

this...

im trying to do the same thing honestly..

go to a cc for two years, get the gen ed out the way

then possibly transfer to columbia downtown for music production..

but before the community college i want a job just so i know

i got steady income coming in to pay for tuition or whatever the fuck you know..

but yea dont ask 12oz this kind of stuff your better off asking friends and fam..

cause asking that here, your only gonna get made fun of in the end...

/truth....

Did you go into CC with a college you had your eyes on and a major you were looking into?

Like how soon are you supposed to know that shit if you are considering transferring?

My High School education has been quite awful, except for the couple IB classes I took, and the few CC classes I've been taking this year, so I really have no clue what I would want to pursue in college because I haven't been subject to any cool subjects yet.

Anywho, I'm sure some of you have done it. Good Idea? Bad Idea? Did you like it?

ive done it.

good idea.

didnt really like it when i finally got to the uni though, because i wasnt as prepared for the competitive nature and the quicker paced system...but overall, its better to go to community college because its cheaper, class sizes are waaaaaay smaller, its not as hard to get a good grade (no grading on curves like most unis), etc etc etc.

I took about 18 credits at a CC and now I'll be transferring into a state university next fall.

Like everyone said, make sure your credits will transfer. I mainly went to CC because I wouldn't have been here long enough to be considered a resident if I went straight to university after coming back to the states.

Also, the average age in all my classes seemed to be about 35.

Did you go into CC with a college you had your eyes on and a major you were looking into?

Like how soon are you supposed to know that shit if you are considering transferring?

My High School education has been quite awful, except for the couple IB classes I took, and the few CC classes I've been taking this year, so I really have no clue what I would want to pursue in college because I haven't been subject to any cool subjects yet.

I came into school not knowing, but my options were somewhat quickly limited by my prospects after graduation.

What do you like to do?

If you can take a degree thats somewhat relevant to your interests, go for it; it's what i'm doing and i honestly really like it. i'm still getting my core requirements out of the way right now but i'm shooting for something good after graduation in a field i've loved since i was a kid and is poised to expand rapidly over the next 20 years.

When you enter college you aren't at ALL required to know what you're gonna do after you graduate, as it should be; you're young. Mix and match different classes and look around. I entered school believing I would be a civil engineering major, was almost a philosophy or political science major because through taking those classes I realized I can maintain and argue a point REALLY well as well as think logically.

I shelved those two options because I didn't want to go to law school, and didn't stick with engineering because I was required to take calc 1 as a core class and realized I couldn't stand math. Thats partially why core classes are good. It's also an argument for taking core classes at a university because you'll be able to assess the strength of their department; coming from a CC, some departments may be far better or far worse in certain subjects.

I barley graduated high school, went to community college for 2 years while working full-time and transferred to a 4 year university. CC gave me the chance to get my shit in order, save money and focus on improving my situation. On the other hand, in California at least, it's something like 1 in 7 folks who transfer to a university. You can either hunker down, save money and focus, or you can hang out with all the shit-heels from high school who are sucking money out of their parents and dragging out a long shitty high school party.