UK Police State Updates Thread

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That is completely retarded, they already use tazers as a punishment on people who pose no threat, instead of strictly on combative suspects.

Everyones job would be easier if you could electrocute or drug anyone who disagrees with you, imagine some fumbling fat fingered pig trying to give someone an injection.

Considering that most of those public bathrooms are used either as places to rob, mug, rape or take drugs then I understand fully why they would install the cameras there, I don't have a problem with it but then again I wouldn't use a public bathroom if you paid me to. Also a lot of these sorts of cameras aren't manned cameras they are used in retrospect to gain evidence towards convictions, like the cameras on public buses and trains.

I do not mean to be insulting but I think that you are wrong. Installing surveillance does not prevent a crime. You're justification for the necessity of cameras being linked to convictions is one in which begins to set the frame work for a police state hegemony.

To everyone: TOO LONG DIDN'T READ. I mean I read the (whole) first page. What I gathered is a GROSS invasion of privacy, without anyone getting really upset about this. Now I am all for criminals to be locked up (except graffers :P). I don't want to be robbed etc. but you must look at this more from the conspiracy theory.

Many laws are getting stricter and stricter. Let me show you some similarities I have picked up between these new Police State laws (activities?) and Adolf Hitler. Hitler played on peoples of fear of Communism, Britains playing on peoples fear of crime- Burglaries, god knows what crime happens in bathrooms; but why else do you need a recording camera there? and the mock shooting can also be seen as crime such as hold ups or what have you. Hitler had his own private armies, the SA and the SS. The government wants such an army? Interesting. Hitler allowed his enforcement agency (the SA here) to get over confident to the point where they would commit unlawful acts in public, including the burning of the books.

What will end up stopping the government? Hitler didn't get stopped until the whole damn world was closing in on Berlin and why would it not be the same for Great Britain if no one resists these public acts of misconduct?

Not saying do anything, i'm just pointing out some similarities with my history class..

OHHHHHHHHH COPS IS ON TV :D I'M GONNA WATCH MY TV WITHOUT THE FEAR OF HAVING A CAMERA POINTED MY WAY ANYTIME SOON. LULZ.

COPS4LYFEEEEEEE

EDIT: I support stickers over camera lenses.

Wow yall are some sheep across the pond.

Talking about how you're so used to cameras you feel weird without them.

Sitting calmly as the state fastens the laces on your new straitjacket.

I think when I go to Europe I'm gonna skip the UK.

Fuck Big Brother, for life. Cameras in bathrooms and you're not outraged? What is wrong with you people? I'd blast every one with paint or etch. Maybe even my own feces.

@Cracked, well that just made me go "o.0". I personally wouldn't want to get my hands dirty, but I feel the same way as you, however I might not use the paint/etch idea unless I was wearing a ghetto bandana of some fashion. Perhaps a yankees cap and a hoodie for added style. Stickers i'd use without disguise and put them up everywhere :D. Cops was good in case anyone was wondering. If CCTV gets as big as Britain where I am, I might feel inclined to buy more stickers. :lol: .

Just to clarify, has anyone gotten in trouble for anything stated? Mock shootings or whatever? Aren't the parents uber raging?

I dare someone to rack paint in a berkha. Possibly a great way to get Islamic communities against British police states. Think about it, you rack like 300 cans (if your awesome like Zephyr [i think, from Dondis book]) thats $1500 if you get cheap paint and they will ban berkhas which will make Muslims rage. It sucks hoodies are banned :(. I like hoodies. Also with Berkhas, you can hide the paint in the whole front of it, just act like your tying up your shoes, and have a secret pocket or whatever (I saw this way to do it on the news and was like WOAH! but I can't explain it, cause it's confusing).

Lol, but what does that have to do with anything? I don't rack, because as part of a relitively small majority of writers who are caucasian, I like to keep things legal. Also, because theres only one store in my city that sells Ironlak :\.

Also, I said "I dare" not "you should". Anyone can tell i'm joking, so don't come arresting me...

I know your probably not a cop, but for those cops out there.

Talking about how you're so used to cameras you feel weird without them.

Sitting calmly as the state fastens the laces on your new straitjacket.

I think when I go to Europe I'm gonna skip the UK.

Fuck Big Brother, for life. Cameras in bathrooms and you're not outraged? What is wrong with you people? I'd blast every one with paint or etch. Maybe even my own feces.

that's a tad hypocritical coming from a yank isn't it?

that's a tad hypocritical coming from a yank isn't it?

How so? Please explain.

I hate cameras in my country too, but they are not as prevalent. I have scribed the lenses on a few, but only a few.

We definitely don't have no cameras in no bathrooms. That's for fucking sure. And if I see one I'll smash it. (Or just sue the offending establishment right out of business - that is something we do more often over here, for better or worse.)

^cracked, my comment mainly stemmed from the first line of your post...

what i meant was that the sheeple comment could be directed towards Americans as a whole too. Shit, i mean all that fuss over rigged / dodgy general elections and your fellow countrymen only went and voted Bush back in again...

Then theres all the WMD bollocks - althougth yes, the UK population had the wool pulled over our eyes too with that one.

I dont like having the cameras in my country, but i am used to them and also to the UK being the most CCTV'd up place on the entire goddamn planet. They dont affect me though, cos i work around them. yes i may get caught on camera 300 times a day when im up in central ldn, but 300 out of 300 of the times i wont be doing anything i shouldnt be doing whilst in sight of the camera.

Re: The whole should cameras be in bathrooms arguement. The cams dont actually face the part of the toilet where people use the facilitites, they are focused on the entrance / exits. its still illegal and an invasion of privacy here to film someone taking a piss or shit. Like decy was saying, for the purposes of crime prevention - eg some tourist getting mugged then im all for them. if people are stupid enough to do something on camera, then thats thier issue.

Ps. ive seen toilets in American bathrooms and service stops whilst on holiday there...

I, personally have never seen cameras in a toilet anywhere I have been, so maybe they are just doing it in London or somethign because London has so many cameras it is crazy, there aren't so many in other parts of the country.

I don't like cameras, I think I have said that before, but I do see their arguement to have them and why the vast majority of the general public don't seem to see issue with it. They don't do any wrong and all that concerns them is criminals being caught, they don't look at the invasion of provacy aspect, because CCTV in a shopping centre etc isn't really invading your privacy.

Obviously on a graffiti site where some of us have/still do paint, we are much more aware of these sorts of things and probably notice things like cameras more just because we probably pay more attention to our surroundings, so we will have much stronger viewpoints on things like this, and especially in crossfire where a lot more people are tuned into civil liberties etc.

I don't see them as an invasion into my privacy because they are always just in the town centres I rarely see them elsewhere.

I only made the sheep comment in reference to you not being more outraged at cameras, especially in bathrooms, and I stand by that comment. The other issues you referred to make me angry as well but mostly at stupid Americans I hesitate to refer to as "fellow".

You guys must be pretty young. I am old enough to remember when cameras were a rarity, especially for random surveillance of public places. Liberty is lost by degrees, and I have lost quite a few degrees in my lifetime, and it fills me with rage (and some hopelessness)when I see people just sort of shrug and say "Well, I can see their reasoning, so I guess it's OK." Next thing you know you're smelling the fumes from what you believe to be a sausage plant.

In regards to the sheep comment;

You say you remember when they were a rarity, from what I have gathered from this thread, others have not. This is the deremining factor in a couple of posts I have read; they're used to it. Don't worry though, I refuse to have someone record when I go to the bathroom :lol: .

@British people, if you go into a store/public place wearing a bandana over your face, are you arrested or whatever? Cause you could have an etch spree in all the public bathrooms you find :lol: . Make some sort of occassion for it, the person with the most cameras down wins a bottle of Smirnoff :lol: .

I only made the sheep comment in reference to you not being more outraged at cameras, especially in bathrooms, and I stand by that comment. The other issues you referred to make me angry as well but mostly at stupid Americans I hesitate to refer to as "fellow".

You guys must be pretty young. I am old enough to remember when cameras were a rarity, especially for random surveillance of public places. Liberty is lost by degrees, and I have lost quite a few degrees in my lifetime, and it fills me with rage (and some hopelessness)when I see people just sort of shrug and say "Well, I can see their reasoning, so I guess it's OK." Next thing you know you're smelling the fumes from what you believe to be a sausage plant.

I remember when the only CCTV I ever saw was in shops and it was those big old round CCTV cameras that look like 70s disco balls.

CCTV is the least of my worries because the things that bother me are the constant stupid new laws put out, and the police resources being misallocated to stupid things like graf and weed when bigger crime goes untouched.

It is just that I have at no time had my rights infringed by CCTV, I see no difference between my image being captured in a shop on CCTV to it being caught as I walk through the busy shopping centre.

It is only in the high populated areas such as city centres that I see it, or in particularly bad crime areas, it isn't anywhere near my house or where I spend the vast majority of my time. Yea if CCTV started being used to report you and track where you are going and actually started infringing on my rights then yea I would be kicking off about it, however I know in my old home town where there are hundreds of cameras around the city centre area, that they only had teams of 3 people manning them, so most of the time you aren't being watched and the video is only ever used if a crime has been commited in that vicinity.

It is more of an infiringement on my rights that companies pass information with my personal details on them beetween each other to market shit, even though I have specified not to, or companies using call centres in India when UK data protection laws only secures my information within the EU, shit like that pisses me off more

yeah, i am relativly young - mid 20's - and like i said CCTV has been around for the vast majority of my life, or really since my early teens when i first started paying attention. 12 years perhaps?

anyhow, i got thinking - maybe its a cultural thing. it takes a lot to get us Brits riled up to the point of us rioting and revolting. at the moment, theres a lot of other things which seem to be occupying the nations collective.

• 2 weeks later...