WHY DO YOU LIKE GRAFFITTI?

WiNGS_LOVE

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But, in actuality...I've just always been an "art fag." I recall being little and always scribbling on the walls of my house, scribbling and drawing whatever I felt like...then I calmed down with coloring books. I'm also a bit of an outcast, love thinking and walking. It all just fell into place. Graffiti has also helped me with my social skills, although a lot of times, its an anti-social activity lol. I'm overthinking this and feel like going on forever about it. All in all, if you're risking so much of your life to just write your name over and over and over, you're probably not normal.

Mind-rape

• 2 weeks later...

i saw my first piece when i was about 5 or 6 and from then on ive been literlly obsessed with all graff, then i got older and found out that what i love ties in to a whole sub culture along with the music i love and more.

WE MUST KEEP HIPHOP ALIVE AND WELL!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The very nature of graffiti is an ever-evolving thing for writers. I think it's natural that a lot of us change our reasons for writing as time goes on. I know that personally my idea of graffiti has completely changed since I first started painting. My reasons for doing it back then were admittedly pretty stupid. As time went on, however, I started to realize things and grow up but never could grow out of graffiti. I used to look up to so many writers until I met them and realized what kind of people they were. There's really only a small percentage of writers whom I can truly respect as people.

Some of my personal observations - Most writers seem to have narcissistic tendencies (as much as we don't want to admit). The very nature of graffiti is a narcissistic act. A lot of writers seem to suffer from mental disorders which can explain for many of their actions. It's the whole dissociative act of painting a piece and losing yourself in this odd world that isn't your everyday life. You're just dipping out for a while and forgetting all your problems which doesn't solve anything but simply sets the mind at ease temporarily. It's also the whole act of lashing out or venting or destroying shit. Most of us are bipolar and suffer from OCD, ADD, ADHD, HIV, ESPN, etc. and graffiti seems to satisfy many of the aspects of these disorders for many people.

A lot of writers seem to sway in the direction of being really ignorant and just wanting to fuck shit up and do ignorant shit...... or they're intellectual and their reasons for painting have to do with politics and social or humanitarian issues and it's something of a backlash or revolt against society.... There's also some kind of middle ground too I guess which is the writers that are just artistic and like to do creative shit or people that just like to simply paint and are completely normal(yall are few and far between tho)..... but either way everyone seems to enjoy doing whatever the fuck they want and not being told otherwise and getting away with it again and again and again. For me it's always been something constant and ever-evolving even when shit in my life was at a standstill. I always loved that it didn't cost me anything either because I've never really seen much wealth in my life.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...