Underrated Actors •-

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed the dude is pretty good. Although I think that some actors that are truely fantastic play semi major roles where they show their versatility but never get noticed to the point of awards. I like the actors that can play almost any role and come correct vs the ones that do awesome jobs but never bridge the gap.

haha I just stopped to edit to add in abotu Steve Buscemi not noticing it in the first post hahah.

what i cant stand are the actors who are the same person for every role. imma catch mad hate for this and its not that i dont like his character aswell as staring in some of the most epic movies ever made.

but Al Pacino is the same dude in every flick. with the same way of talking. with the same level of intensity with the same facial expressions.

not that i dont like his parts, cause i do. obviously. but it gets tiring seeing the guy play the role of a football coach the exact same way he plays a mobster, without the accent.

but the Devils advocate is an unbelievably great movie and his part is one of the best in all of cinema.

Jamil Smith

I grew up with this dude so maybe I'm biased. Same school, played ball together, played chess with each other. My dad would drop him off at places when he needed a ride home or whatever. He was always acting in commercials back then and had small roles on TV shows but he finally got a big break. He should be in Vancouver right now filming another season of Stargate Universe. He was living in Eagle Rock which is kind of lower-middle-class but I guess that's not the case any more. Last time I talked to him was at the gym I asked him what's he's doing he said "still acting", and still trying to make it. But yeah shout out to Jamil for finally doing it

50433684.jpg

stargate-universe-jamil-walker-smith-as-msgt-greer-nup_135093_1032.jpg

what i cant stand are the actors who are the same person for every role. imma catch mad hate for this and its not that i dont like his character aswell as staring in some of the most epic movies ever made.

but Al Pacino is the same dude in every flick. with the same way of talking. with the same level of intensity with the same facial expressions.

not that i dont like his parts, cause i do. obviously. but it gets tiring seeing the guy play the role of a football coach the exact same way he plays a mobster, without the accent.

but the Devils advocate is an unbelievably great movie and his part is one of the best in all of cinema.

Wish you'd stop talking so I could stop agreeing with you.

I dig Robert DeNiro and all his movies but he is the same. Same kind of dude in 99% of his films.

Tom Cruise is the perfect example of this shit too, although I can't stand the little prick. Tropical Tunder is the only flick I can think of where he plays a part.

To me Phillip Seymour Hofman is the quintessential actor. He can play so many different kinds of roles and nails them like a roman putting a jew on a cross.

Boogy nights, Charlie Wilson's war, PAtch Adams, Capote. Four totally different characters, all totally convincing.

Also my next example would count if this was 5 years ago, however now he's obviously big.

But I was a Vince Vaughn fan from way back.

Shit that makes me laugh the hardest by a country mile is dry, arrogent/ignorant humour where someone thinks there the absolute shit when they are a complete and utter idiot.

Surprising? Prolly not :)