if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

blood fart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A chick I works with offered to give me her iPod because she has two and only uses one.

But she just went on vacation for a month, so eh.

It turns out that two other iPods and a PSP were also stolen from the locker rooms, but the management won't do anything about it and I guess they didn't think it was important enough to actually tell people about so they know that coworkers can't be trusted.

It's just kind of bullshit on their part because were it stolen from the store, a search would have went down right away...but since it isn't a loss for the store, they don't give a shit.

I'm over that place.

I've decided to just stop trying at that job and just show up and do as little as I can.

Save as much money as I can.

Make things happen and bring my niece over here even if it leaves me in debt.

Tell that job to eat shit and then just live life.

I'm tired of waking up early, working hard, not buying shit that I want because I have to save money and feeling like I am working and having nothing to show for it while not getting to travel or do the things that I want to do while I am over here.

I know people will just tell me to stop complaining and go live life and have fun.

But travel is expensive and it seems that other shit always ends up taking all our funds and then there is nothing left to spare.

I hate that I don't have much time left here and haven't seen even 5% of the things/places that I want to see.

Money is such a bummer.

Liars, thieves, and cheats are even more of a bummer.

It all just makes me want to get some beers, ride my bike to the park, and forget about everyone and everything.

Speaking of care packages, I have a lot of stuff for you and I am going to set myself a deadline of Thursday to finish it up and mail it off.

There are a few more things I want to pick up at various stores for you, but I'll make it happen and get this thing done.

I bought a dress last week and just put it on to wear for today's outings, but after going outside I realized it was too cold and I am back to jeans and multiple shirts.

My point to this was when wearing it, I thought of you and wished I knew your European dress size so I could pick one up for you.

I could probably guess and my guess would be the tiniest size available and it would probably work.

So yeah, I might head downtown today and see about getting you a matching dress.

Then we can be international twins.

I work at the PX, which is basically the military version of Target.

Only with over-priced shit like Coach purses, ugly Nikes, Applebottom and Karl Kani jeans, Ed Hardy watches, Affliction shirts, and super expensive make up.

I actually like my job, outside of the shit pay and getting stolen from...it keeps me busy and out of the house and the people I work with are nice and leave me alone.

There are gas station/convenience stores that sell booze and snax.

There is a bowling alley and movie theater and child care place and USO offices and grocery stores.

They are are run by a few American companies.

There are also federal jobs that I could get working in a office, but I don't really want to sit behind a desk all day.

If I am not moving and keeping busy, time goes by too slow for me and I get miserable.

There are also fast food places, but I am never going down that road...but still they offer up jobs for a lot of people.

This afternoon we are going to a musuem downtown to see a rat king.

rat-king.jpg

Hopefully that will brighten my spirits.

• Like 1

They can.

But Americans are stupid and a lot of them are afraid to leave their comfort zones.

It makes me hate Americans.

Why would you volunteer to move to Europe, but then never want to actually go out and experience the country you are living in.

There are tons of people that the only trips they go on are guided USO tours or just go to places and take guided bus tours.

Instead of just going out and wandering around on your own and seeing shit at your own pace.

Sure, maybe you might get lost, but so what..eventually you will find your way back and be alright.

There are people that we know that when going out to eat, they go to the restaurant on base for a burger and German beer...instead of going to any place downtown that has better food and the same beer and you won't be around a bunch of boring ass Americans.

Or people that never just go wandering around and after a year of living here, still have no clue as to what the city has to offer.

Some shit I can understand buying on base, such as DVDs or basic toiletries because DVDs bought here won't work in an American DVD player and the other shit just because it is cheaper to buy it on base due to the crappy exchange rate.

But as far as clothes or anything else, I would never buy any of that shit at the PX.

It's all horribly ugly and out-dated and there are a million stores that are way more awesome that are downtown...but like I said, some people are scared to leave their comfort zone.

I see some Army wives that come to the PX 4-5 days a week, which I can never understand that shit.

It's not like we have a lot of stuff to choose from and we always have the same shit...why not just take the train somewhere else and just wander until you find what you are looking for?

I could probably guess and my guess would be the tiniest size available and it would probably work.

So yeah, I might head downtown today and see about getting you a matching dress.

Then we can be international twins.

Tiniest size would probably work (4'11 3/4 105lbs<idk if that helps or

is just unneeded info).

I've never had an international twin.

But back in the old days my mom would dress me and my

sister alike. I am six years older than my sister.

I wore frilly lace and ugly floral patterns longer than

I should have (It's probably why I started dating really late in life).

It use to be embarrassing. Now I show Christmas pictures

to my sisters friends and make obnoxious comments

about how adorable we were.

She hates it but it's my poetic justice and I am not giving that

up for anything.

Whatever dude, you have no idea.

You think I am just being facetious, but I'm not at all.

There is a difference in the Americans I am used to and the typical military American.

People from real cities (NY, SF, Chicago, Houston, Austin, New Orleans, Philly, ect) have a different way of thinking than some super-patriotic person from some podunk town in Kansas or Iowa.

Most of the Americans here have a small-town mentality and are scared of anything they haven't seen/experienced before.

They think that anything different than their way of life is just totally strange and calls to be made fun of.

I've gotten shit for two years about how I ride a bike instead of drive, but they refuse to acknowledge that most people here ride bikes and take the train and it is no big thing.

Or that a lot of people in large cities don't have cars because it's easier to ride a bike, walk, take the train places.

That is really only one example, and there are dozens more.

If you knew someone who went to Europe but didn't go out and eat regional food, shop at local stores, or even know anything about the city they were in....and instead only stayed in a small bubble where they were surrounded by other Americans...would you think they were boring, or no?

bfish- I went to get you that dress and the smallest they had was a 34 and I wasn't sure on it, and dude said it is a bad idea to buy clothes for other people if you are not 100% sure.

I didn't feel like a 34 would be right after thinking about it, because that was only 2 sizes down from the size I bought myself, and you seem waaay tinier than me.

so eh, I bought you some other shit.

Whatever dude, you have no idea.

You think I am just being facetious, but I'm not at all.

There is a difference in the Americans I am used to and the typical military American.

People from real cities (NY, SF, Chicago, Houston, Austin, New Orleans, Philly, ect) have a different way of thinking than some super-patriotic person from some podunk town in Kansas or Iowa.

Most of the Americans here have a small-town mentality and are scared of anything they haven't seen/experienced before.

They think that anything different than their way of life is just totally strange and calls to be made fun of.

I've gotten shit for two years about how I ride a bike instead of drive, but they refuse to acknowledge that most people here ride bikes and take the train and it is no big thing.

Or that a lot of people in large cities don't have cars because it's easier to ride a bike, walk, take the train places.

That is really only one example, and there are dozens more.

If you knew someone who went to Europe but didn't go out and eat regional food, shop at local stores, or even know anything about the city they were in....and instead only stayed in a small bubble where they were surrounded by other Americans...would you think they were boring, or no?

I see your point there, anyone not from a city pretty much sucks haha

I would also make fun of you for riding a bike, but that's my own passionate hatred of the things, not some middle America "WHO DOES THAT?!" type shit