If you're getting the REPORTED ATTACK PAGE warning.

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Fucking brilliant. 12oz has malware and we got a mods telling people to just ignore it because they don't believe the warnings or people saying that they've got it. If one of you jackasses hasn't already contacted Wanga or told Raven to, you're really fucking up.

Yeah, you think this hasn't been done? Raven knew about it as soon as it started. He's been dealing with it and I'm pretty sure he was in touch with Wanga. If not, it was some other guy with the same legal name. On top of that, he's got people hitting him up constantly asking about it.

It's being dealt with. I was told the corrupt text was removed, everything was flushed, varnish was varnished, and a fucking tribal dance was done around a sacrificed goat. We're just trying to figure out how to get the fucking block removed now.

T;7252297']Has anyone posted how to fix this shit I did a system restore I'm ok but now ie won't open up at it closes itself auto not that I use that browser other than a couple sites for work that won't run on FF.

So you're computer is acting funny? I'm on a Mac and I haven't had any issues at all.

I don't know much about computers, I didn't grow up with them or nothing.

So I'm just going off of what I've been told. If people are having issues, report them in here so we know.

I was infected at home last night, and was able to fix it (in Safe Mode) with MalwareBytes free software.

Today, at work with IE7, I had no problems at all. It is definitely fixed (the code is gone), but how it happened is making me curious.

I think the we all really want to know how this happened. This site is respected, and I felt comfortable. Anything from anyone who really knows what's going on would be appreciated..

does the fact that the sun Java icon pops up in my taskbar when I come to 12oz have anything to do with this?

absolutely. you should probably stay off of 12oz for awhile then (not even a joke). 12oz has no reason for that to come up, it's almost certainly an exploit running java on your computer.

Edit: unless 12oz has ads running java, which i don't think is the case since most seem to be flash based.

So you're computer is acting funny? I'm on a Mac and I haven't had any issues at all.

I don't know much about computers, I didn't grow up with them or nothing.

So I'm just going off of what I've been told. If people are having issues, report them in here so we know.

mac is not written from the same code as windows. people who write this kind of code goes after the majority for a better success rate of an attack. at this point in time, windows has the highest rate of users, especially users that don't know how to secure themselves from an attack.

in a nutshell, as far as i can tell, macs aren't in deep shit. windows users ARE. also, i've only used this on firefox on mac so far, and i'm not in a big rush to test it since even if the exploit is found, there's not a whole hell of a lot any 12oz user can do at the moment.

if you really wanna be a big help, infect yourself, learn how to use a portscanner (wireshark/ethereal), and log incoming/outgoing traffic. since my ISP will close me down if i try to do something like that since it'd be broadcasting viruses on my IP range, someone else can do it.

have fun!

yeah, it's complicated. but you can't really do it in the first place with a mac. you need one of your windowze lackeys to do that. i don't really feel like disinfecting all my bullshit since my computers are networked together, and it seems like if it gets one of my windows machines, it'll get all of them.

Edit: the threat has been taken care of. back to your lives, citizens.

T;7252305']Also bigger question is if they were in the guts of 12oz did they steal everyones emails and passwords to use on other sites as 75% of people use the same paswrd for all there shit. Was anything else compromised I assume it was.

Yeah, what's the deal with this?

Okay, guess its time to chime in. Haven't read all seven pages, but let me set the record straight on what happened...

Fact of the matter is for several hours on Wednesday night some malware snuck in via some insecure javascript that was exploited in one of the banner ads. As soon as we found out, about 2 - 3 hours after it first occurred, we stripped out all advertising site wide to eliminate the issue 100%. This means that in those 2 - 3 hours Wednesday, if you were on a PC and not running the appropriate security settings to block executables like that from running on their own, you might have caught something. If that we're the case, chances are your computer is already infected anyways.

Nobody on a Mac or *nix systems would be affected. Nobody on a PC that's been secured with anti-virus or running decent security settings would be affected. Nobody that didn't connect to 12oz within that 2 - 3 hour window would have been infected. End of story...

Anyone claiming to have an infected computer that didn't fit into the segment of affected users outlined above is misinformed. To those users that did meet the criteria and may have been accepted, I apologize. We do the best we can to keep things around here running correctly, but sometimes shit like this happens. Chances are you'd have been infected anyways, if you weren't already so patch your computer, run anti-virus or get a Mac.

As far as the stupid malware warning, that thing is there because once they detected malware on 12oz, they blacklisted our domain. To be unlisted, you need to correct the issue and apply for a review. Apparently that people doing those fuckin' reviews have a big enough list of sites to check out that they get around to it about every 24 hours. We failed the first review because even though we stripped out all our ads and we're no longer serving pages vulnerable to the javascript exploit, we had a cached directory in one of our backups that we didn't think to clear out. Since that directory could technically be crawled (though no link to it exists or data was being accessed), it was enough to keep us on the blacklist. We've since resolved the issue and are waiting for another review.

To be clear, that message is nothing but a message based on our status as being blacklisted. There is no malware on 12oz and hasn't been since we stripped the offending code on Wednesday night. It is safe to ignore that message, at least on 12oz.

Apologies for the drama and thanks for the continued support.