Congress Clears Historic Health Care Bill

DETO

-----they cant turn you down from pre-exisiting conditions or deny you coverage....but it doesnt stop them from raising my once $400 a month premium to $2013 a month. which leaves me no choice but to cancel and go without insurance. this isnt counting my kids $250 a month policy either.

i fall in the bracket of self employed people making too much to recieve benifits, but not yet enough to cover themselves.

and if this doesnt suck enough, you'll be fined if you dont have health insurance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay......and by no means am i thrilled about this. and what pleases me more..is the time/effort spent to pass this, as opposed to regulating child support. i am that one though, who thinks if all child support arrears in the country were paid up, i (i=representing a good portion of people) wouldnt have to sweat health care. i know they are two different topics, but it has a slight trickle down effect.

You guys should read David Harvey's "a brief history of neoliberalism,"..

excerpt;

during the 1970s business refined its ability to act as a class, submerging competitive business instincts in favor of a joint, cooperative action in the legislative arena.. rather than individual companies seeking only special favors the dominant theme in the political strategy of business became a shared interest in the defeat of bills such as consumer protection and labor law reform, and in the enactment of favorable tax, regulatory and anti trust legislation.

n order to realize this goal, business needed a political class instrument and a popular base. they therefore actively sought to capture the republican party as their own instrument.

nd a little further on

iit says

the republican party needed, however, a solid electoral base if it was to colonize power effectively. it was around this time that the republicans sought an alliance with the christian right. The latter had not been politically active in the past, but the foundation of jerry falwells 'moral majority' as a political movement in 1978 changed all of that.

its a really interesting book