perscription medication limitations

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

ive been put on a drug that, as i was told and have done a lot of research that says i shouldnt drink alcohol or smoke marijuana while on. i feel really bad at the moment because as funny as that sounds, both play a role in my social life and im kind of confused as to what i am going to do from now on...its really kind of bothering me that i will have to change my lifestyle so much to not be able to do these things...

one one side of the coin ill be able to drop these vices and be a clean and sober person, but on the other side i know of how fun these can be...

anyone ever been in the same situation? what did you do about it? i dont want to sound like some drugged out dick who says "i dont give a fuck about getting better, just want to keep on drinkin," its just hard to think about how something like this can change a lot of what i do.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Some sort of antibiotics huh?

I guess you wont have to take those for more than 2 top 3 weeks,however i dont know.

The marijuana part seems weird to me, as far as i know it doesnt affect any medical treatment, anyway, i dont know the case so i'll shut up now...

it really depends on what the drug is. im sure you dont want to blurt it out on the boards, but there are alot of drugs that despite their warnings, are pretty harmless with occasional alcohol/marijuana use.

as a person who has been in your position many, many times with many many different drugs, i know that its not really easy, but its also not as hard as you think. if you wanna email me and let me know what it is your taking, i can let you know if i have any first hand experience with it... id almot be surprised if i didnt...

Guest fr8lover

yeah thanks seeking ill drop you a line...as much as i love this board and the advice people give i wouldnt like to delve too deep into my personal life so people like mr abc can act like a retard.

Guest beardo

do i have you confused with someone else? i thought you were sxe. fr8somebody is sxe. no matter. i think as long as youre not getting totally hammered you'll be alright.

Guest beardo

i havent been around computers for a couple weeks. i tried to email you my aim name but you have email turned off. hit me up nooka.

You are right up my alley.

I'm in your current situation, and because I'm just well. shall we say, young and dumb, I've chose to ditch the medication and drink. I don't smoke anymore, so that isn't really an issue for me.

It really does depend on what you are on.

Check out my good friend Mr. PDR

Physicians Desk Reference. Fatter than the bible, packed with info.

ms. lunatic (thats funny)

if you would like to discuss your experiences as per our conversation earlier, without divulging the exact names in question, im sure there are some that could find it usefull. not to mention that it would save me from having to just repeat it and email it myself)

"cheers"

Right, well..

With this particular drug called *

* plus a moderate amount of alcohol

Disoriented, Feverish/chilly, exacerbated my drunkeness

I felt very light headed for 2 days, 'out of it' and didn't want to leave my house.

Sedated, had trouble thinking and focousing for the 2 days as well.

Now this may just have been in my case, I already have considerably low blood pressure, mixing these two lovely things didnt help that.

For the first couple hours or so I suppose it was fine, I just felt more drunk. I really wouldnt do it again though. I think I've learned after mixing about 6 or 7 times.

* plus, well a fair amount of KB

I felt slightly more nervous...maybe skightly feverishly chilly but didn't notice any real problem..

These are personal experiences, everyone reacts differently to drugs, and drug interactions so, just try and play it safe.

Fucking up really just isn't all its cut out to be.

Hope this helped in one way or another :o

I just saved you hours and hours of typing seeking!

;)

Guest fr8lover

alright...i mean im the kind of guy who (and i already have) read up a lot about what the mixture does and found that alcohol isnt a good idea, yet last night i drank a bit and smoked a pretty decent amount...goes to show its hard to break habits. i guess i wont care until the shit hits the fan...

Guest fr8lover

i know...i been reading about a guy who went on a bender then had 2 days of uncontrollable shakes, then apparently there are "alcohol withdrawls" and things of that kind too...nothing sounds very fun.

but with the reality that it might be years before you can do any of this stuff again (especially being in the prime of when it should happen) makes me kind of worried too, as vain as that sounds...its hard to explain.

My annoying ass returns

Try and think of it this way, is getting fucked up going to be worth it for you?

In the end drinking and smoking won't leave you with much at all.

I think you are going to have to choose, one way or another, getting 'fixed', or getting drunk.

Don't mess around with both, you'll get even more fucked up. (trust me)

Archived