MONGO FOOTED

John Basegow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just feel like there is no point in owning a longboard other than to use it as a cop out.

I mean 99% of them aren't bombing hills doing 45mph, they're being posers for the most part.

If you're just "cruising" there is no advantage at all except the douchebag poser excuses, fuck that "it's more stable" bullshit.

Get a normal set up and be at one with your scared self, it still works better than a 20 pound pile of excuses.

Should you one day decide to break out of being a pussy and try something, you'll be ready also.

In my experience, all of the kids who couldn't do a simple kick flip got a long board and tried to make simply skating down the block cool. When in reality, they were just too lazy to practice and too scared to scrap their knee.

I had three friends like this. They never got into longboarding, but they were either too stupid or too pussified to man up and learn how to ollie. It was pathetic. Kids that started months after them were peeling around with us and these motards were just trying to do stand still ollies. That shit should take you a day or two to learn, max.

This thread is so god damned ridiculous. I can't even read this spew because it's fucking obvious that a lot of you have no idea what you're talking about. All aboard the hate train.

There are rippers who can do a whole plethora of tricks on longboards. Just because you live in motherfucking Kansas and don't see it happening. Ya'll niggas think the rest of us aint got it going on huh.

(Picture me rollin' on a Sector 9 Luke Nosewalker, wearing flip flops, AA matching shorts and collar-popped T. With a white belt and white sunglasses stylin on my fauxhawk. Soul arching downtown)

Umad on this whole thread. :lol:

"Picture me rollin' on a Sector 9 Luke Nosewalker, wearing flip flops, AA matching shorts and collar-popped T. With a white belt and white sunglasses stylin on my fauxhawk. Soul arching downtown"

i can picture that,but picturing you olling is a stretch

:lol:

^ No.

Just no. Definitely wouldn't be keeping up with me anyways. Shit just aint happening blud, and I've bombed hills with some of the best of 'em. On regular boards as well as longer ones.

But anyways, it's the age old argument that will never be settled. There are similar rivalries between surfers. Shortboarders hate longboarders and vice-versa. I find it funny though, that another man chooses to clown on how the other one gets down in such a way. Like... really? You mad because I'm having fun? You can't be seen in public on a board over 40 inches? F'real? You're seriously that concerned and egotistical about the whole thing? Worried way the fuck to much about what other people think of you... oh wait that's right. Your cool skater-boi poser front might take a hit huh. (Not directed strictly at you Earl. The thread in General though)

Lots of you fucks would (and probably) have had mad fun cruising around town on a LB. But, apparently you have some sort of reputation to uphold that bars you from experiencing another very valid form of the activity you supposedly enjoy and partake in so much.

I figure it's just one more board in my quiver. Another option. I've never been a fan of limiting myself. But then again I've been at this shit since way before it was ever the trendy thing to do. And I'll be doing it after.

Ch0 is so anti... that's why I love it. And hate it. You niggas don't realize that by not jumping on the bandwagon sometimes, you're actually jumping right on the fucking bandwagon. For instance, in Ch0 now it is trendy to hate on longboarding. Which is a trend in itself. So god damned hipster it's sickening. Follow on my nigs. I got my own steez.

It aint soo much the board, but the "people" who are usually associated with them.

nerds, and my ego as a regular skater was in no way interested in hangin with those people. As "cool" as is it to be a skater now, in the 90's we where already the outcasts. so yea, dont stand next to me if your board is over 40 inches. lol youre crampin my style and the girls are already walkin away from you.

LOL, it's soo funny, they've NEVER been cool, no matter if you drive a M3.

Hoolah hooping with a pogo stick and a duncan yoyo with fruit boots on is still cooler then riding down front street on a long board, stopping, picking it up at the side walk and then walking down the sidewalk. haha, how many times have i seen that? pickin up one of them things looks like youre flipping over a sea turtle.

ngbbs4598d254de34c.gif

It aint soo much the board, but the "people" who are usually associated with them.

Heh. I tried to cover this sort of misdiagnosed stereotype with the whole 'I rock a white belt, flip flops, white sunglasses, soul-arching past the coffe shop downtown' thing. Sarcasm.

I've met many people from many different walks of life, longboarding various spots, cities, and countries. And I couldn't say that there was any one common trait between them - except that they enjoyed and at times took seriously; skating down a motherfucking hill on a sick ass board (which happened to be over 40 inches), Randall 2's, the slickest bearings and the rolliest of wheels. It's always cheaper than a season pass at Heavenly right?

:D