What's the well tequila at your favorite bar?

Soup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a self proclaimed alcoholic...I just drink every day, so people tend to call me it haha.

I honestly didn't get into drinking tequila until the last year or so as I've always been (and still am) a vodka man. I've also never in my life seen that bottle so I'd say it's not very prevalent my way, but I'll keep my eyes open

Yeah. I had a few insane and troubling times in Mexico involving tequila. This was over a decade ago... for the longest time I couldn't fucking stand even the smell of it. I never touched the stuff again until a grip of my Mexican friends ( Jose and Jose-b ) were heckling me for not doing shots with them. Cazadores was the bottle we were tipping at the time, I caved in and actually took a liking to it. No chaser, if anything just sliced limes.

It's cheaper than 1800. About 20 bucks a bottle. Good stuff mayn.

• Like 2

The bar I work at has El Conquistador in the well. I can't believe I remembered that, I never read the labels, just pour em all night, replace em and never think about what the brands are.

At a classier joint I worked at, we had Sauza Hornitos in the well. Naturally, I would drink that shit all night long with almost zero accountability issues from the bosses.

I heard a few times and a few places that in mexico there is tequilla

that costs a whole lot but its really good. They dont sell it in America

and they dont like us to even have it. Sounds like some made up

shit but heh. If its true i want

Level up on Mescal.

And while this shit is great and rare -

corralejo-anejo%20750ml.jpg

What you said is definitely true. But if it can be found on the interwebz, its probably not the best and really not that rare. There are specialty distillers doing amazing shit behind closed doors. Producing drank that you and I couldn't imagine.

fuck

now i want a margarita

i dont give a shit if it's a skinny girl margarita with super bottom shelf tequila neither

margaritas are whack unless they're on the rocks.

I only know one way to make a margarita:

awesome.

Seriously though, the best is to use cointreau instead of triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice vs. rose's or bottled, and a splash of fresh OJ.

Don't forget to use this stuff:

Herradura%20silver.jpg

a shot of tequila with a splash of OJ is called a "perfect," it is quite good. OJ and a double pour of tequila shaken vigorously into a pint glass is my all night shift drink, I make about 5 of these over the course of 12 hours behind the bar. It's my coffee.

Patron is like water-flavored tequila, it's definitely not the "tequila drinker's tequila" but it mixes well with anything and is smooth to a fault(IMHO)

Tequila with a bite will always be in my good graces. Herradura FTW

I heard a few times and a few places that in mexico there is tequilla

that costs a whole lot but its really good. They dont sell it in America

and they dont like us to even have it. Sounds like some made up

shit but heh. If its true i want

Doubtful that they don't want foreigners to have it. Foreign market = more money. It's like any other liquor. There's no mystery surrounding it like it's some bootleggers running moonshine through the desert. Tequila in Mexico was made by family recipes and then those turned into popular local brands. It's not about exclusion as much as it would be about lack of distribution. I don't know any Mexican that would turn down a stack of money to keep some brand of tequila a secret. They're usually more than happy to turn you on to different brands than Cuervo and more than happy to see your face light up or go sour depending on how you handle tequila.

There is one brand down here that has a bottle shaped like a full sized rifle. It's hilarious.

Noone try this. It's sorry earl, but it sucks.

I don't know about the cinnamon aspect, but my cousin insisted on chasing tequila with an orange once and it was nowhere near as satisfying as a lime

Was your cousin using salt as a starter? If so, that's probably why. Try licking some ground cinnamon off your hand and chasing it with an orange. It's really good. Add tequila to the mix, it's damn good.

To each their own, but I think the cinnamon is really what makes the shot work.

Yeah, I usually just do the shot. This week my girl has been all about coming home from work and just doing a shot with the salt and lime thing. She doesn't really drink though, so she always makes the face like she's drinking lava.

I love the shit. I can power shot tequila until I puke.

But for real, try the cinnamon and orange thing. The cinnamon is dry and sticks to your tongue, the tequila washes it down, and the orange mixes with the remains of that --it's good. We killed off a whole bottle of some high end silver tequila one night and went through a bag of oranges doing it. There was 4 of us, and we all got shitty. Good times!

I'm speaking from inexperience because I've never had Tequila/wanted to have it but shit sounds like just a punishment and slightly lame when it's suggested to mask up the taste with fresh squeeze, spin around three times, take Novocaine first, then lick cinnamon...just to get fucked up.

But I'm a staunch JackDaniels/Jameson fan