tokyo?

remote

yeah, post graff celebrity flicks in a far far place, but dont post any of the local bombing. giving tokyo a good name. fucking morons.tokyo has a good scene. last i was there around the summer of 96-97. theres always one cat out there crushing, but the scene doesnt look like its gotten any better nor are there any new cats crushing. that city is virgin to getting crushed. show some local flicks and stop talking.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by drunk penis

yeah, post graff celebrity flicks in a far far place, but dont post any of the local bombing. giving tokyo a good name. fucking morons.tokyo has a good scene. last i was there around the summer of 96-97. theres always one cat out there crushing, but the scene doesnt look like its gotten any better nor are there any new cats crushing. that city is virgin to getting crushed. show some local flicks and stop talking.

Take your own advice and shut the fuck up. No one sees you posting shit.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with everything Centrum posted earlier. As for new skool and whos running right now, Plus1 has been killing the shibuya/harajuku/shinjuku areas (the ones that mean the most), and Sven has been killing a good portion of the city (but he seemed to have stop recently). This citys got potential but there are too many toys who dont know the ground rules of the culture. Props must be given to QP/Very who kinged tokoy back in the day and STILL have shit running all over the place.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taggers leaving their marks on Tokyo's walls

At first glance, the graffiti looks like letters of the alphabet, but it spells out a word with no meaning. At least, no meaning for most. The graffiti is a tag, an individualistic form of public art imported from the United States that's spreading throughout the Tokyo area, much to the chagrin of many.

Mainichi Shimbun

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/image/200310/08/20031008p2a00m000008000c.jpg'>

This graffiti was left on a wall in Tokyo.

Tags originated with street gangs in the United States. Tags are graffiti in public places that appears meaningless to most people, but proponents apparently know who has written what.

Some graffiti artists in the West have been recognized as masters of modern art. The use of meaningless words in the graffiti is similar to the way Japanese biker gangs select extremely difficult kanji characters for their names.

National Police Agency statistics show that reported cases of willful destruction of property, which includes instances of graffiti, have skyrocketed over the past few years, growing from about 46,000 in 1998 to 196,000 last year. Some graffiti tags have been found on trains in the capital area, with JR and Keihin Railway trains in Kanagawa Prefecture hit particularly hard with seven attacks in one month.

"Tags are like our form of business cards," a 22-year-old "tagger" tells the Mainichi. "It's awesome when other people recognize your tag."

This tagger, who asked not to be named, has been caught by the police while spraying graffiti, but has never been charged. He claims to have left over 10,000 "tags," claiming they are the same as a signature, with each individual supposed to always use the same definitive tag. He says graffiti artists know who is responsible for tags.

Not everybody's happy with the taggers.

"It's supposed to be a form of self-expression, but selfishness is more like it," social commentator Tetsuro Murofushi tells the Mainichi. "Writers and musicians spend their own money to find space where they can get some privacy to express themselves. Taggers should be punished and taught the difference between private and public space."

Indeed, the costs of tagging are already mounting. It takes 20 people working for two hours to clean carriages that have been "tagged."

"We used 20 liters of paint thinner. If you count labor costs, it's about 500,000 yen to clean up," a railway worker says. "I don't care if they're tags or whatever. They're meaningless and upsetting."

Psychiatrist Hideki Wada can understand where taggers are coming from, but argues that it's probably not the right choice.

"Unlike children in the past, today's kids can't be reassured of their worth by those around them even if they do ordinary things. Tags are a way that kids can be recognized and satisfy their self-esteem," he says. "Adults should take a broad-minded outlook and perhaps need to find another way that kids can satisfy their self esteem." (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Oct. 8, 2003)

• 2 weeks later...

yo im in tokyo right now theres a shitload of graffiti check out the shibuya, roppongi, harajuku

but fuck graffiti, any locals wanna point me to where all the fine women wanna give it up, so far ive just been hitting up massage parlors in shibuya but i need some fucking pussy for real and all im getting from japanese girls is these little giggles and smiles but they act like they aint down for a trip to the love hotel

whats crackin wheres the hoes who just wanna fuck?!??!?! i can tell these girls want some white cock but they act all scared and innocent all the time im tempted to head out to roppongi with a few bills but i dont want no dirty ass skank...wheress the quality shit at??

if anyones down to hook up and go kill some hoes or walls email me im in tokyo untill august 5th

regulatorocks@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Still Diggin`(shibuya) and Recon (Harajuku)

You can only get tips for the local paint via mail order, I heard you can still get them in Osaka and that some adhesive sprays have them on em. Scotch makes them and they are pimp. I want to bring some home so I can use ghettocans. Hope that helps

Archived