Paypal

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

So I don't know anything about this, and I'm not sure where else to ask.

If I sell something, and dude deposits money in my pay pal account, is it a done deal?

Can dude take money back? Can it not be finalized or something?

If i wanna sell something to dude, and he says he'll deposit money before I ship it, and my account says +850, is that 850 there absolutely positively?

Not trying to rip anyone else off, just trying to not get ripped off.

Sorry for the rambling, ill written post.

Wasteola.

:umm:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They can always file a claim.

That means if you are the shipper, Paypal will take back that money or put it on hold.

Even if you verify that the merch you sold was shipped complete with tracking info and everything.

This is common when people are buying high priced items like Iphones online.

Nothing beats security like cold cash.

They can always file a claim.

That means if you are the shipper, Paypal will take back that money or put it on hold.

Even if you verify that the merch you sold was shipped complete with tracking info and everything.

This is common when people are buying high priced items like Iphones online.

Nothing beats security like cold cash.

Damn, this is what I was worried about :/

Proof of delivery

Proof of delivery is acceptable documentation if a buyer files a claim, chargeback, or reversal for either an unauthorized payment or merchandise not received. You need online tracking information from a shipping company that:

1. Shows the status as delivered.

2. Shows the date of delivery.

3. Includes the recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or ZIP code (or their equivalent).

4. For payments of $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, includes proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery.

Proof of shipment

Proof of shipment is acceptable documentation if a buyer files a chargeback or reversal for an unauthorized payment. You need a document from a shipping company that:

1. Shows the status as shipped or delivered, or shows a postmark.

2. Shows the date of shipment.

3. Includes the recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or ZIP code (or their equivalent).

Here you go boo.

As long as you can prove these things, you should be okay.

Paypal = fucks over sellers and caters to buyers.

Do not trust them ever, I've been fucked over by shady buyers before.

Use an Escro service or something, fuck Pay Pal.

If a buyer files a claim the money is either frozen or just taken from your account.

You're still out the fee's, shipping costs, and if the buyer decides not to return your merch, you're out that too.

I sold someone some equipment, they stripped what they needed and returned the rest.

Paypal took the money back, (out of my bank, not my paypal account) and returned it to them.

I know people that had their account frozen for no reason with 32grand in it.

When they asked paypal why they couldn't transfer to their bank account paypal said in the fine print they can hold the loot for no reason.

Took them months to get thier loot out,

Paypal = fucks over sellers and caters to buyers.[/color]

Do not trust them ever, I've been fucked over by shady buyers before.

Use an Escro service or something, fuck Pay Pal.

If a buyer files a claim the money is either frozen or just taken from your account.

You're still out the fee's, shipping costs, and if the buyer decides not to return your merch, you're out that too.

I sold someone some equipment, they stripped what they needed and returned the rest.

Paypal took the money back, (out of my bank, not my paypal account) and returned it to them.

I know people that had their account frozen for no reason with 32grand in it.

When they asked paypal why they couldn't transfer to their bank account paypal said in the fine print they can hold the loot for no reason.

Took them months to get thier loot out,

+1

you really need to watch out with that. i know a few people that happened to as well with car parts. the buyer files a claim with some bs excuse that you sold them wasn't what you said it was...even if it was and pay pal just fucks you and takes the money, or if you have no money on your account they just change your balance to negative whatever saying you owe the x amount.

I had someone hack my paypal account, then drain the bank account it was linked to. Eventually got the money back, had to go through a whole ton of ID verification bullshit (faxing in copies of a whole range of things, it was like getting a passport!) which wasn't the easiest as I was overseas at the time. Don't link bank accounts, maybe link a credit card. At least if Paypal takes your cash, I think in most cases you can claim an unauthorised transaction through your card company.