any gardners out there?

itsallafarce

Some of you know I'm extremely into food. And I've really been reading up on sustainablilty practices and such. So one day I told my girl that we should start a garden to get in some practice at it cause eventually I plan on running my own restaurant and would be stoked to be able to provide my joint with as much as I can plus local purveyors. Anyway i was just curious if anyone in channel zero grows produce that would have any tips for me. I have done some research but you can never know enough on this subject.

and for the immature fucks(myself included) we have

MELONS!!!!!!!!

068.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'd love to be a gardener.

alas, i have a tiny yard and the dogs shit in it.

ugh. i frequent the farmer's market. i almost wonder if i did grow my own food, what i'd do with it anyway. my dad has a nice garden and he gets more produce than he knows what to do with.

i don't want to sound out of place. but if you find your self gardening and you don't qualify for a AARP card. you need to check yourself. gardening in your 20's/30' and you're male, you might be gay.

I would agree with this if he were talking about flowers and perennials or some shit. Vegetables and fruit are good though.

I'd garden if I had the time and a yard, fresh produce FTW.

My cousin had a pretty nice one in his yard upstate, potatoes, corn, bunch of other stuff.

He even had free range chickens running around, sold the extra eggs to the Amish.

Nothing beats having fresh food you know is top quality and healthy as it can be.

i don't want to sound out of place. but if you find your self gardening and you don't qualify for a AARP card. you need to check yourself. gardening in your 20's/30' and you're male, you might be gay.

if not wanting to drop $$$ every time i need some produce is gay then fuck guess i am. point being i'm tired of spending money at the store on sub par produce. my city doesn't have a year round market and i can't make it to seattle every day. some of you might not care about where you food comes from and how it's handled but i do. i don't see anything gay about that at all. also /no homo

pffft this kid right here. Get a grip. You think gardening is gay but yet you were the one rocking pink polos when everyone thought that shit was "hot."

Start off in containers. I am quite sure you can find some good advice on the internet, but perhaps this is the wrong place to look.

yeah you're probably right.

Yeah do some hanging containers out of some five gallon buckets. Believe or not those hanging garden things put out some good peppers and tomatos. People knocked that Topsy Turrvy but in all reality the thing does work. Find a nursery around you and buy some reasonably fuller grown plants to cut time off your wait for yield. It worked for me. Although I made a box garden in the yard but I had produce within 3 months. \

Ill step down now and let the more experienced speak.

Yeah do some hanging containers out of some five gallon buckets. Believe or not those hanging garden things put out some good peppers and tomatos. People knocked that Topsy Turrvy but in all reality the thing does work. Find a nursery around you and buy some reasonably fuller grown plants to cut time off your wait for yield. It worked for me. Although I made a box garden in the yard but I had produce within 3 months. \

Ill step down now and let the more experienced speak.

yeah that's what i'm planning on doing. i don't know the seeding process so i'm going to a plant sale at this restaurant is having next weekend. i'm just looking for tips on how to check ph levels of the soil and what not. but i guess i'm finna have to ask those questions when i go to the sale.