hardcore shows

blahblahblah

i think the type of dance moves you see depend on the type of hardcore.

like here, well it used to be in wilmington, we had alot of hardcore bands with the metal freeish sound like orchid, red scare, bright calm blue, song of Z and so on...well bright calm blue was myrtle beach. anyways...

most of the dance moves there were like just people kinda moving around alot pushing off each other singing along and moving with the beat. still gets silly kids falling over each other and all..

but then when i go to shows other places and its like more metalish type stuff..thats where the violent karate chops and shit come in.

i personally dont like that shit. why would i want to get punched in the face. im there to enjoy the show and dance safely so everyone has fun, not 2 guys who know how to throw fists. fuck that shit.

at this show i believe it was the drummer of bright calm blue who said..

" this aint tai-bo, this is a punk show"

and i highly agree with that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by donniefrisco

i was into hardcore back in the late 80's early 90's...Heres a list of the best hardcore/ punk shows i went to:

Inside Out- @ Toe Jams in Longbeach CA

I envy you. I think I have that show on tape.

for all those who talk shit upon the glorious metal I bring you the gospel according to Saint Manowar:

"The gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good

they said to play it louder than hell, we promised that we would

when losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie

The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die!!"

Originally posted by ink Lunatic

I don't even know what the hell was going on at the "super bowl of hardcore' at Nation last year.

lol nation....

but hmm yeah i do agree the things that they do at hardcore shows are pretty extreme.. ever been to a bleeding through or eighteen visions show?

I don't know what happened to hardcore shows. I went to one recently, and it was like pussy's night out. Back when i was a kid, there was always someone taken to the hospital, someone shooting someone in a rival crew, or something insane happening. I guess kids just hang around at the show practicing their ninjitsu, and take out their agression at school by shooting all their classmates.

I think the wall of death only existed pre-1995. I remember thinking windmills were ridiculous at the time, and now it's a standard move.

I go to emo shows now. Go figure. I have way more fun.

For every one bitching about getting hit and then acting hard and hitting back....tt mainly you

"don't wanna get hit don't stand in the front cry when you do your nothing but a cunt" death threat

If you just want to watch stand at the side...if you punched any one out here cause you got hit in the pit their would be more then one person kicking your ass.It happens deal with it!

Last time I saw the wall of death skin heads did it a queers show I think it was 96 but it could have been 95 oh well.

I love crushing kids in slip-knot t-shirts with a good hard kick or sometimes if they're being stupid a punch to the face.

Originally posted by HAL

I don't know what happened to hardcore shows. I went to one recently, and it was like pussy's night out. Back when i was a kid, there was always someone taken to the hospital, someone shooting someone in a rival crew, or something insane happening. I guess kids just hang around at the show practicing their ninjitsu, and take out their agression at school by shooting all their classmates.

I would think its better that kids nowadays look goofy by doing karate, rather than 'shooting rival crew members'. right?

this thread reminds me of my all time favorite MTV video: SickOfItAll-Step Down. anyone else remember this? i still have it in tape somewhere. gotta dig it up

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by Watley

for all those who talk shit upon the glorious metal I bring you the gospel according to Saint Manowar:

"The gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good

they said to play it louder than hell, we promised that we would

when losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie

The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die!!"

hahahaha. yeah, ManOwaR rules, but metal shows have a different kind of energy than hc shows. and, in denver atleast, way more unity than metal shows.

I understand there's assholes in the scene, just like in any scene or in any subculture/community, and im still a newbie to all this good stuff........

......but the thing thats' cool about our hardcore scene, is that its really alot more different then the punk or emo shows.

There's more unity and alot of the people know eachother, its like almost a twisted family of people that come together every week and get there rocks off.

Like a brother/sister hood.

I found that really cool so thats why i decided to keep on going to them shows

hardcore shows are ok. i'm more in the punky scene if you can even remotely call me being into that scene. regardless i still go to random shows. i'm not skinny enough to go to emo shows nor do i have the correct sneakers. gimme some good grindcore or another equally bad band that has a 4 second part that rocks in every other song and i'm usually happy. me, derek or carl will just talk about shitting or farting or sexing up all the chicks at the show without leaving the comfort of the merch area...

i saw botch on saturday and it was fucking rad. there are a bunch of different people who go to hardcore shows. there's the floorpunchers, the flailers, the weird dancers who look kinda like broken robots, and then there's the really weird old guys.

there was this old dude with long hair that first pushed everyone out of the way so he could skank. then he did some goofy ravey shit, then he did some high kicks. sometimes i see kids do jump kicks, and at the blood brothers i saw two kids on the ground in a fist fight.

and to anyone who thinks hardcore shows are pussy now, go see dillenger escape plan. they blow fire and if you get too close they'll split your head open with their guitar. what cool guys.

Originally posted by serpent of the light

hahahaha. yeah, ManOwaR rules, but metal shows have a different kind of energy than hc shows. and, in denver atleast, way more unity than metal shows.

-l- cephalic carnage -l-

(i dont like manowar but i like BOTH metal and hardcore. YAY!!!!)

Originally posted by Frate Raper

For every one bitching about getting hit and then acting hard and hitting back....tt mainly you

"don't wanna get hit don't stand in the front cry when you do your nothing but a cunt" death threat

If you just want to watch stand at the side...if you punched any one out here cause you got hit in the pit their would be more then one person kicking your ass.It happens deal with it!

Last time I saw the wall of death skin heads did it a queers show I think it was 96 but it could have been 95 oh well.

I love crushing kids in slip-knot t-shirts with a good hard kick or sometimes if they're being stupid a punch to the face.

well, i did just wanna watch the show and i was on the side far away from any kicking or slying arms, and this young chap proceeded to come up and start punching ad flaling his arms like he was having a seziure, so i decided he deserved a good punch to the teeth, and thats what he got, he did proceed to fuck off. all i said was im trying to watch the show asshole, fuck off with your ninja moves.

• 3 months later...

i dont even mosh anymore..i still go to tons of shows but for me its more about the sing along/ fingerpoint...i see the wall of death a few times a year actually.. id have to say the best hardcore video was no more by YOUTH OF TODAY...that video was fuckin funny...it was only played once on mtv. i know some of you had to of seen it.

Ah, now I don't hardly know her

But I think I could love her

Crimson and clover

Ah when she comes walking over

Now I've been waitin' to show her

Crimson and clover over and over

Yeah, my, my such a sweet thing

I wanna do everything

What a beautiful feeling

Originally posted by footsoldier

i dont even mosh anymore..i still go to tons of shows but for me its more about the sing along/ fingerpoint...i see the wall of death a few times a year actually.. id have to say the best hardcore video was no more by YOUTH OF TODAY...that video was fuckin funny...it was only played once on mtv. i know some of you had to of seen it.

the no more video is amazing. and at one time i prided myself on my mosh... now i find myself having much more fun with dives and singalongs.

"hardcore and metal will never gel, so we're sending your sound back to fucking hell... in a body bag!"

Archived