Anual Peanut Butter/Vegemite/Nutella debate(aka P.B. rules, vegemite takes it in the ass)

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anual Peanut Butter/Vegemite/Nutella debate(aka P.B. rules, vegemite takes it in the a

s_marmite.jpg

You know what, my girlfriend tried this for the first time aged 21 and really liked it.

I always thought it was one of those things you had to grow up eating to like.

that's imitation bullshit Jackson, you need to get her onto the hard stuff

Vegemite.jpg

Re: Anual Peanut Butter/Vegemite/Nutella debate(aka P.B. rules, vegemite takes it in the a

Haha just came across this so I thought it was appropiate.

Creamy, crunchy and even a bit quirky, these peanut butters from the store are jelly's best friends.

BEST CREAMY: Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter

Velvety smooth, this classic won over tasters with a "rich, buttery" consistency and "slight sweetness." No wonder Skippy sells almost 90 million jars of the stuff each year. More »

Try it in: Peanut Butter and Bacon on Banana Bread »

BEST CRUNCHY: Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter

"It's like having a big bag of peanuts," one taster said. Jif—named to be easy to say, spell and remember—also scored points for its "smoky, dark-roasted" flavor. More »

Try it in: Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Sticks »

BEST NATURAL CRUNCHY: Smucker's Organic Chunky Peanut Butter

Judges loved this "lip-smacking" peanut butter's "salty" taste and "big chunks of nuts." One taster said, "It'd be great stirred into a Thai peanut sauce." More »

Try it in: Thai Roast Beef Wrap »

BEST NATURAL CREAMY: Koeze Cream-Nut Natural Peanut Butter

It doesn't get more natural than Koeze—this old-school company makes its peanut butter strictly from Virginia peanuts and sea salt. (koeze.com) More »

Try it in: Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch »

BEST HONEY: Nutty's Old Fashioned Peanut Butter, Honey Roasted Crunch

If brittle and peanut butter had a child, this "sweet, nutty" concoction would be it. It would "make a great candied topping for ice cream," one judge said. (nuttyspeanutbutter.com) More »

Try it in: Salty Chocolate Peanut Butter Brittle »

BEST ODDBALL: P.B.Loco Raspberry White Chocolate Peanut Butter

This peanut butter—from a company started by three former lawyers—is all natural, gluten-free and kosher. It's not low on flavor, though: "It's like a fresh raspberry tart." (pbloco.com) More »

vegemite01sizedmj3.jpg

I don't really know how you are hating on vegemite quite possibly the greatest spread for toast (esp. with cheese) ever.

Vegemite with cheese on toast with a coffee drills it.

It's probably something you have to grow up with though because it does have a very distinct, strong taste.

Straight up if I ever live in another country (which I will for a while) I will be ordering this stuff on-line and getting it sent straight to my front door.

• Like 2

when i was down in OZ, i visited the kraft factory from part of some job shit i was doing. i got to peep all the vegimite production. i tried it a few times with breakfast while i was in melbourne. honestly, i wasn't feeling it at all. i was later told i shouldn't have eaten it solo and that i should have mixed it with some other stuff.

it's not even sold in the states, they were saying how there is something in it (which i forget) that the fda won't let them have in food here.

Fucking weird ass Australians all over the Vegemite like it should be in their national anthem. Ive never even tried that shit but just looking at it, I can tell it tastes like cardboard and smells like fucking asphalt.

it's not even sold in the states, they were saying how there is something in it (which i forget) that the fda won't let them have in food here.

Yeah, FLAVOUR!!!

It's made from beer, you haters are hating on BEER!!

For beginners: on hot toast, with butter and thinly spread.

For the experienced: with a fucking spoon.

All the Aussies are getting propped.

• Like 1

tonight for dessert, me and the girlfriend took strawberries and cooked them with some white wine and sugar, then put them in sandwiches made with angel food cake and nutella and cooked them on a skillet. fucking delicious.

Peanut butter and jelly waffles used to be my favorite breakfast food as a kid, and I still fuck with them from time to time. I've never had peanut butter and honey though, and as I'm typing this I realize I've never had Nutella either

I'm quite sure I wouldn't like vegemite, as everyone hates it except Australians. I mean, I'm sure you guys think it's delicious, but Chinese people love fish heads too and I won't be trying that anytime soon either

First, cut desired fruit (recommend any berry, or bananas)

then toast bread, apply a little pb to one side, more nutella to the other. Always more nutella than PB bc PB's tetxture and flavor can be intrusive when too much is there. Add nice chilled fruit last, close sandwich. ^@Caligula, to avoid that hot fruit deal. That shit is disgusting.

Close and enjoy.

Oh and fuck Vegemite. This australian dude owns two Meat Pie place's in the neighborhood i work in, and they're both almost always empty, with tons of jars of that disgusting shit everywhere, collecting dust but still stubbornly displayed in the window. Us Amurricans are not fooled.

edit @ Swamp,

If you've had one of these

Ferrero_Rocher_16pcs_chocolate.jpg

you've had Nutella. If you haven't you're robbing yourself of some serious snacking potential.

i know for a fact that they have marmite in the states.

the local grocery store by my house has it.

its like $6 for a really really really small jar of it.

• Like 1