Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jah

outlining pens

what do yall use for outlining sketches? i know come uni ball pens work just fine but i was wonderin if the better sketchers in here use certain pens for their outlines that come off cleaner and smoother. im just wonderin cuz i still havent fucked around with a lot of pens so i dont have that much experience with em..... therefore, my sketches arent as clean as id like em. any help???

thanx, peace

Guest blood as ink

i use pencil,fine point sharpies(...not the marker ones).ball point pens,i recently gotten a bunch of old fountain pens and they were work amazing...they're probeley my favorites to date.nice thick lines and you can get some of the to get some nice details too....hmm and pilot precise pens are nifty for that too.

i use a blue bic ballpoint. i don't bother coloring in sketches or anything like that. i do the outline and a shadow, then i take that baby off to the surface i'm going to paint it on. then i screw up the sketch on the way home from the spot, and throw it in the bin.

Guest wakassOATH
Originally posted by jah

.im just wonderin cuz i still havent fucked around with a lot of pens so i dont have that much experience with em.....

thanx, peace

exactly go fuk with the markers and pens and get experence on your own, not on a message bored

Re: Re: outlining pens

Originally posted by wakassOATH

exactly go fuk with the markers and pens and get experence on your own, not on a message bored

i have madd prismas. but theyre no good for outlining. and i dont know where to get all this shit in europe and im not about to just buy a grip of pens to see which ones outline better. thanx for the help.

rak, id suggest just going to an art store, and test em out... ive never been to a store that didnt let you try them first. just keep fucking with them till you get a couple you like.

Guest --zeSto--

Get the fine tip black markers used for drafting.

Just test it to make sure that it doesn't run too quick,

or you'll get dots at every point where you hesitate (just like paint)

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this