"unsociable behaviour" - Legal advice required

famecrazy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not getting a lawyer would be the worst move you can make, imo.

i'd get one immediately,

since if you think getting a lwyer will hurt your job, i can only imagine how a conviction or judgement against you wil affect it

i know someone who had a big judgement against them for a civil case, and it shows up in the state judiciary search when you look for their criminal record.

also, i know that in my state, it is illegal to spit on someone (assault) but not illegal to pour water on them.. here is where you'll need a lawyer who knows your laws.

The cops laugh at you, call you an idiot, slap you in the face, then tell you to go home in New York for that...

Court for pouring a beer on some dudes head and calling him names? Nazi's in Australia!

Seriously, I thought you guys were all convicts who embraced drunkenness and violence over there in future land

The cops laugh at you, call you an idiot, slap you in the face, then tell you to go home in New York for that...

Court for pouring a beer on some dudes head and calling him names? Nazi's in Australia!

haha, ya maybe you should move to the states 5finger..

at the st. pats parade last year a friend poured a beer on a cop from his 2nd story window, minute later his door got kicked in by 4 cops, they just started throwing people into walls and shit, not really roughin people up, but anyone within arms reach got tossed, then basically called everyone a buncha fuckin punks...

then went back outside, and the party continued.

I have no problem getting a lawyer or dragging it through the courts.

Thing is, if i get a criminal conviction it will restrict me from traveling to alot of countries i frequent for business, meaning i would be unable to fulfill my job requirements.

In terms of a CBO, i've already done that and done 2 alcohol courses, so this is my 3rd time in front of a judge for an alcohol offense.

Every time I have ever been arrested it's been because of booze.

I stick to beer mostly now and make sure I'm with people who can keep me entertained enough to not get stupid drunk and do stupid shit anymore.

i can completely relate to this. been arrested over a dozen times from age 14 to 25 almost all behind some drunk ass shit. i've mellowed out a lot in the last few years though. i got a DUI in 2004 and haven't been back to jail since.

and i still drive with a little buzz every once in a while. . .

Anyone who knows me, knows this is pretty out of character

:lol: :lol: :lol: says the man with a broken hand...

also what kind of fake ass sissy sounding charge is 'unsociable behavior'?

sounds like you got summoned to court for not saying hello to someone

My brother had a bunch of alcohol related offences that ended up resulting in a bunch of cases... He lawyered up, and started attending AA. Going onto some sort of alcohol treatment program of your own volition shows that you are aware of the problems that your drinking has caused and are trying to help yourself... When the lawyer representing my bro explained that he was already seeking treatment, my bro ended up with a fine, no conviction and a bunch of other smaller charges getting dropped.

This was in QLD, not too sure about victorian law tho...

You considering fighting these at all? what kind of witness statements do they have? Wait until you and your lawyer see the police brief before you decide. If your going to just cop to them (could be helpful in avoiding a conviction) see steps below...

Step 1. Lawyer

Step 2. Pray for female magistrate. (imo)

Step 3. Get lawyer to make it clear to the judge that although you are remorseful and it was out of character, you need no conviction recorded against you because of future work, she shouldn't punish you twice etc..

Step 4. ?????

Step 5. Profit.

4386170596_9656e57964.jpg

My mate from last week...

Two charaacter references - one family memeber you've know for donkeys and one from your emeployer - they need to state that they know of your charge and it's totally out of character etc etc.

About a grand for a solicitior, yes fork out the loot.

Section 10 - arrest recorded without conviction (if no priors)

Gravy...

Going onto some sort of alcohol treatment program of your own volition shows that you are aware of the problems that your drinking has caused and are trying to help yourself... When the lawyer representing my bro explained that he was already seeking treatment, my bro ended up with a fine, no conviction and a bunch of other smaller charges getting dropped.

This was in QLD, not too sure about victorian law tho...

Good ideas....

people from QLD = banana benders

fact or fiction?

• 1 month later...

Hey man, have you been to court and got it all over and done with?

I wouldnt worry about a conviction for these charges to limit where you can travel!

Ive had worse and have done plenty of traveling with no hassle what so ever!