Guru from Gangstarr

KARD like WOE

i've always likes hip hop, since it was prominent in my family. That was usually old school. And then when I started hearing most of the crap on the radio, I had given up on it, until about 3 years ago when i did some research and found some gems. Honestly never got into enough depth with guru but he was on my list and from the few times that I've heard his tracks, I've really liked his style. I still know about him enough to know how much he'll be missed if he doesn't make it. He's done a lot of good work with a lot of good people.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes guru is sometimes dudu

but its about the memories when his songs came out not necessarily the quality

with his voice, cadence, swag, persona, etc. he could literally say almost anything over a premiere beat it would nicer than most other rap songs comin out nowadays

gangstarr pretty much saved my life a few times when i was a teenager

it was some of that shit that always mellowed me out when the worst shit was going on

i've always likes hip hop, since it was prominent in my family. That was usually old school. And then when I started hearing most of the crap on the radio, I had given up on it, until about 3 years ago when i did some research and found some gems. Honestly never got into enough depth with guru but he was on my list and from the few times that I've heard his tracks, I've really liked his style. I still know about him enough to know how much he'll be missed if he doesn't make it. He's done a lot of good work with a lot of good people.

so hows middle school treating you?

• Like 1

That's why you aren't cold as ice. You apologized.

also: "now i'm contemplatin in my bedroom pacing, dark clouds over my head, my hearts racing, suicide, nah, i'm not a foolish guy, don't even feel like drinking, or even gettin high, cause all that's gonna do really, is accelerate, the anxieties that i wish i could alleviate"

that trying to keep ya head up/in the game thing going.

double also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugtke61OFeM

Both wack without Premier whereas Lil' Dap is not.

Regardless. I hope the dude lives. Maybe this will humble him a bit and he won't keep making songs bragging about his voice. Which, let's face it, ain't quite cutting it anymore.

LIL' DAP???? REALLY????

hells naw. lil dap is no where near nice with it. i always thought it was universally understood that the reason why the group home album is so dope is because its some of Premiers best work.

GIFTED UNLIMITED RHYMES UNIVERSAL

• Like 1

Yup, I was pupmin Moment of Truth in the car earlier this evening while on a grocery run.

I'll probably play a little bit of Jazzmatazz tomorrow, as well.

ive been bumpin jazzmatazz vol 2 lately...there are some really solid tracks on there that i totally forgot about.

also: "now i'm contemplatin in my bedroom pacing, dark clouds over my head, my hearts racing, suicide, nah, i'm not a foolish guy, don't even feel like drinking, or even gettin high, cause all that's gonna do really, is accelerate, the anxieties that i wish i could alleviate"

that trying to keep ya head up/in the game thing going.

double also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugtke61OFeM

i reflect on this line from "moment of truth" on a monthly basis.

if anything ...i think guru's past work has been seriously underrated. i can admit that guru without premier....."not so much...."(with the exception of jazzmatazz vol 1 and 2.

Guru is a wack mc. Jeru was way better.

..just because their names are similar? they make for a good comparison? wtf?:confused:

Both wack without Premier whereas Lil' Dap is not.

Maybe this will humble him a bit and he won't keep making songs bragging about his voice.

bragging about his voice??? what??

please post a link where Guru is bragging about his voice, id love to see that :lol:

ive seen jeru a bunch of times in detroit...one of which was when he opened up for dj shadow when introducing came out....... jeru was rather annoying complaining about how the crowd wasnt responding well to his requests for crowd participation. dude threatened to walk off stage like 5 times in 15 mins.

....br0.