Guru from Gangstarr

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hip hop concerts suck.. hip hop shows usually kick ass... motherfuckers talkin shit... need to get a grip.. guru been around for mad long madd albums.. super respected... jeru on the other hand had some good shit early in his career ended up distancing himself from primo and his career flopped....btw jazzmatazz is awsome shit...

i see your hip hop concerts suck statement and raise you this... Snoop is easily in the top 5 best shows i've ever been too, maybe even top 3. dude seriously killed it, cant stress it enough. and his drummer was insane.

im not even a snoop fan, neither is one of the dudes i went with, he actually hates snoop. and he'll tell you the same thing. dude knows how to turn a stadium into a house party.

not a fan of JayZ either, but it'd probably check out a show depending on who else he was with. i can imagine he brings the awesome.

i knew it was a party when i saw 5, 60+ yr old women about 10 people away from me dancing to snoop like they were 19 again and was taking hits from some kids blunt. funny shit.

LIL' DAP???? REALLY????

hells naw. lil dap is no where near nice with it. i always thought it was universally understood that the reason why the group home album is so dope is because its some of Premiers best work.

GIFTED UNLIMITED RHYMES UNIVERSAL

Lil' Dap is hilarious man. Lisp and all. Group Home's post Premier album and even Lil' Dap's solo shit is decent. They can at least hold their own without Premier or MC Solaar. Guru cannot.

Also, making up some shit that your name stands for well after you've chosen a name and saying it was meant to be that all along is corny. Dude peaked at Hard To Earn. He just reminds me of Mick Jagger now with his old wrinkly face wearing baggy leather outfits on stage trying to act like he's not 50.

All this aside, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Lil' Dap is hilarious man. Lisp and all. Group Home's post Premier album and even Lil' Dap's solo shit is decent. They can at least hold their own without Premier or MC Solaar. Guru cannot.

Also, making up some shit that your name stands for well after you've chosen a name and saying it was meant to be that all along is corny. Dude peaked at Hard To Earn. He just reminds me of Mick Jagger now with his old wrinkly face wearing baggy leather outfits on stage trying to act like he's not 50.

All this aside, I wish him a speedy recovery.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree with the greater majority of what you are saying. guru is very lack luster without premo. however...the one edge he has one lil dap....is longevity. guru has more to say than lil dap.

i also agree that lil dap's solo album was pretty nice. whereas jamatazz gets cut after the second one.

all in all...i too am a enjoy lil dap on the first group home album. i just think guru gets more clout via longevity.

Guru’s nephew, Justin Nicholas-Elam Ruff, makes an impassioned statement on behalf of his family. He claims that Guru’s producer/partner Solar has gained power of attorney for his uncle and is denying his family any access to him. He says that Guru actually fell ill in early February, and since then they have been shut out by Solar.

“..Solar has totally cut us off….the doctors and the staff at the hospital will not discuss any information with Guru’s family….in order for the family to change the situation, we have to hire a lawyer…unfortunately we don’t have a couple of weeks, my uncle Guru is in a serious….I know that Solar has been his right hand man, day in and day out, for the last 6 years, but does that not give him the right to make decidsion whether of not his own family gets to see Guru or learn about his status. The fact that he’s acting like this lets me know he does not have Guru’s best interest in mind. It is a control thing with Solar.

On Tues, I send Solar a text message [checking to see if I could get an update on Guru's status]. Solar sent me a response that said: “Trish [Guru's sister, ] started this!!! And guru would never have told her he was in the hospital, this is horrible what she did!! Now I need to care for Guru. Peace….”

• 3 weeks later...

Not for nothin, but Ive been to a few clubs where Guru was at, and now that hes better I dont feel bad telling this, Ive seen him on numerous occassions completely gone, yelling at women and at the brink of getting completely beat down by security guards, but the guards knew he was wasted and where feeling bad for him.

This guys music WAS great, but he went down a path few come out of. The way he acts now is a disgrace, I wish some of yall who actually care could have seen it with your own eyes.

at least he's better ( for now) 'prolly came out for a drink. ;/