Spring Break '92

Situation with work meeting

Go to the meeting or not?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Go to the meeting or not?

• go to the meeting, do it their way
    • do not go, stand my ground
    • go dressed in bunny slippers and pj's, fall asleep facedown on table

Some of you know that I work at a 24hr manufacturing facility. I work nightshifts from 7am-7pm, 3-4 days a week with a rotating schedule. Upper management has set up these meetings with each of the four shifts. The nightshifts have to come in from 3pm-5pm, ours is today. What the fuck, I dont wake up till 5:45 when I have to get up and get ready for work, today is an off night for me. This is bullshit, its just like having a day shift go in for the meeting at 3am-5am on their day off. Im not fucking going, but I think there is a chance I could get fired, seeing as how they are looking to get rid of people to save money. I know I will probably get written up. If I do I am going to HR and ranting. What do you all think about this situation?

Their decision on your position has most likely already been made.

Go. See what happens.

fuck that, its your life, theres only a certain degree to which you should obey other peoples rules and restrictions

Go

there's no fuckin jobs out there

This.

It can't hurt and it's only two hours. If they required handjobs from

tranny's, I'd say otherwise. But they aren't.

Yea go to the meeting. Use this as an excuse in the future to do something to get them back that you know you can get away with.

If the possibility of losing your job is there, not worth it.

One day of discomfort or a future of financial security? Wow man this is a tough one I can really see why you're having such a hard time making a decision.

Sometimes being in a good standing at work is more important than "standing your ground".

This sounds like one of those times.

I'd go.

I work 7-7 nights as well. they called me up for a cabin meeting at 1 pm. Forced to go or not keep living on hill I did exactly the third choice and slept in the back. The GM had never met me and tried to talk to me, told him it was 3 in the morning for me and went back to sleep. Five other guys were in the same boat.

Edit: however you seem more important to the job, but three of the guys at the meeting were the night shift supervisors with the only authority on the mountain 10-6:30 am

it's a recession. as of this point, most people would be happy with a job at wal-mart or mcdonalds. go to the meeting and keep your job that probably pays pretty good.

SUCK IT THE FUCK UP!

they don't call this shit WORK for nothin bud.

it's unfair yes, but they PAY you.

people are lazy.

hey though, i know some people who will gladly take your job (and the meetings.)

SUCK IT THE FUCK UP!

they don't call this shit WORK for nothin bud.

it's unfair yes, but they PAY you.

people are lazy.

hey though, i know some people who will gladly take your job (and the meetings.)

QFT

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now