SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS EMO?

cool ra-ul

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: yo zack

Originally posted by sumtina3DD

do you care to shed some light on his later band (Ray Capponose Youth of Today)

SHELTER? is it true they were like hare krishna or sumthing like that

ray cappo was a sxe icon with his band Youth of Today. he had a huge ego. he knew it, and the only thing he found that could cure it was dedicating his life to hare krsna. after Youthof Today came back from their european tour in 88, Ray broke up the band and moved to india to study krishna. when he came back to the US he recorded the last few youthoftoday songs and revelation released it, and also he recorded his new band Shelter. The main agenda of Shelter was to spread krsna conciousness to the hardcore community. Throughout the early nineties, shelter was a really trendy band within the hardcore community, and ray couldn't resist and became his same old egotistical self. he even tried fame, playing shows with NoDoubt, recording ska songs, all the bullshit of trying to make it big. what a waste...

Re: Re: yo zack

Originally posted by bug

ray cappo was a sxe icon with his band Youth of Today. he had a huge ego. he knew it, and the only thing he found that could cure it was dedicating his life to hare krsna. after Youthof Today came back from their european tour in 88, Ray broke up the band and moved to india to study krishna. when he came back to the US he recorded the last few youthoftoday songs and revelation released it, and also he recorded his new band Shelter. The main agenda of Shelter was to spread krsna conciousness to the hardcore community. Throughout the early nineties, shelter was a really trendy band within the hardcore community, and ray couldn't resist and became his same old egotistical self. he even tried fame, playing shows with NoDoubt, recording ska songs, all the bullshit of trying to make it big. what a waste...

you forgot the best part...ray cappo sold out!!!

anal cunt is emo! hahaha! i mean c'mon... the picnic of love album was the most emo shit i've ever heard! but they do have other emo stuff like "i got an office job for the sole purpose of sexually harassing women" ... i love that kind of emo... it makes me want to cry..

Guest Obsessed

i dunno if anyone has played that game "Amped" for xbox but my friend rented it and you can pick different types of music to listen to and one of the choices is emo

Originally posted by LMNO?

i went to fugazi like 2 months ago and i was really thrown back by the way the lead vocalist got very ajetated (sp?) at moshing and smoking weed to the point of shutting her down...i was like wtf?...dood this is bc that "no weed" shit aint gonna fly here,

same thing happened at an at the drive-in show. we started moshing, the band stopped, and in a little pussy type voice (not the kind of voice you would expect from the vocalist of at the drive-in, very feminine) he said "ok, i dont know what kind of hardcore scene you kids are from but we are from (insert where they are from here) and we would appreciate if you stopped". wierd wild stuff.

Archived